[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Want to get involved in the stock market

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: the-metamorphosis.png (306KB, 279x400px) Image search: [Google]
the-metamorphosis.png
306KB, 279x400px
I want to start investing in the stock market, but I don't want to flush my money down the toilet. What are some good sources of info on making smart and wise investments? I'm talking about books and news sources.
>>
Ride the current trends which today are pharma, mj, financial, construction and base metals.
>>
Investopedia is great for building up a base knowledge on how the stock market works, and what the terms are. I would watch through their youtube videos. Are you looking at Trading frequently or very long term investments? I would immediately start a ROTH IRA if you're after long term investments.
>>
>>1611432
at least with the toilet you'd eventually clog it and have a hope to get some of the money back
>>
>>1611432
A Margin of Safety - Klarman
Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits - Fisher

(you won't be able to find a physical copy of the first for a reasonable price)
>>
OP here. Did what >>1612056 said. Parsing all this jargon and all these ratings, ratios, etc. is very difficult, but I'm guessing it's difficult for everyone when they're starting out.

The main problem is that there are so many different investments to choose from. (I'm running the sim.) Where do I begin?
>>
File: l.jpg (13KB, 300x176px) Image search: [Google]
l.jpg
13KB, 300x176px
>>1611432
>What are some good sources of info on making smart and wise investments

/rgt/
>>
there is site called buffettsbooks.com that offers a good introductory course to value investing (not day trading). This course specifically is free (all 3 sections, 36 lessons in total). I have used it as a base and built some spreadsheets where I can just plug in some values I pull from morningstar and a company's financial reports (the videos will show you how to find all that), and it spits out numbers like the current ratio, margin of safety, etc. which the numbers will tell you.

then there are the aspects that require more research, like patents the company holds, future prospects, competition and competitiveness, etc, but this, as well as investopedia are a good start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfDB9e_cO4k&list=PLECECA66C0CE68B1E

full first course:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLECECA66C0CE68B1E
>>
in a similar boat. personally I'm waiting till february to start buying in. too much uncertainty right now
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.