[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Optimal living situation for saving money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Trailer.jpg (243KB, 2000x894px)
Trailer.jpg
243KB, 2000x894px
So I am going to be a career firefighter. I want to save at least 70 percent on my savings so I can invest and make more money. I was thinking about it and even though it is trashy living in a trailer would be the optimal situation for saving money. Basically I would only live in a trailer for 7 years until I saved enough money and invested enough to buy a house in cash. Then I could sell the trailer afterwards. Is it worth it /biz/? Has anyone else here lived in a trailer to save money? Do you guys think it would be worth it vs renting an apartment to do this?
>>
Live in the restroom of a McDonald's
>>
>>1611346
>Do you guys think it would be worth it vs renting an apartment to do this?

You will have to compare prices in your area. Where I am at trailers are generally more money than a cheap apartment. Plus you got to cut the grass!
>>
>>1611381
>You will have to compare prices in your area.
/thread

In my area a trailer costs half as much per month than any of the cheapest apartments.
Plus if you own the land the cost is then negligible.
Raising land prices means I'll actually get my full investment back too.
>>
If you're in the US, buying a home for cash is foolish. I encourage you to do the math on this before anything else
>>
>>1611346

BUY the trailer

When you're ready to leave sell it and hold the note(if this is practical in your state)

Enjoy double digit returns.
>>
>>1612299

no because trailer value goes down usually unless you upkeep and can almost be worse upkeep wise. my mom sold hers and the next week a windstorm blew the roof of it off.
>>
>>1611346

OP, if you don't have a ton of stuff you can find somebody who will rent their extra rooms out. I'm doing it now renting someones extra room in their basement and it's only 330$/month everything included. because peoples kids will move out or people need help paying bills and it's might actually be cheaper than anything else. I found several offers from people wanting to rent basements rooms, etc.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.