[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

a Leisure, Sport, and Tourism Studies degree vs An elementary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: deg.jpg (11KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
deg.jpg
11KB, 400x300px
a Leisure, Sport, and Tourism Studies degree

vs

An elementary educator degree

Trying to figure out which to pick. I'm not even sure what jobs you can get with t he first one but it sounds kinda cool. Anyone here with experience in either?
>>
Why not just put that money into a certificate program for a career you like and make a down payment on a cheap apartment in your city?

Paying for a degree in Sport and Tourism is paying for the same experience someone gets by working in a hotel getting certified in hotel management.

In 4 years, the person with the certification and work experience will have more money and will already be manager.
In 4 years, the person studying how to manage a hotel will be put into an internship rotational program with the hotel group, while having debt.

Do you seriously want to be a teacher? It sounds like you don't know, but education bachelor's degree only have one path. Most require you to then get a masters. Are you comfortable with that?

If you really want to end up in business and have a degree, consider chasing after some sort of Business Administration, Labor Relations, or Product Design.
You can still work in tourism/recreation, but those are the corporate side of the business. Leisure Sport and Tourism are the front of house management degrees that are just as worthwhile to just spend your money working and traveling to the top tier international hotels on rotation.

Source: I'm in marketing corporate at Hyatt - transferred from multiple years interning at the front of the house in speciality hotels within the same branch. My degree is in business admin.
>>
>>1609004
>>1609004
The problem is I dont know where to go from here, im about to get my associates and am going to a 4 year and I wanted to do something I wouldnt completely hate while making good money. I thought education because itll be easy, and I didnt know much about the sports and tourism but it sounded pretty fun to me. But in the end I am really unsure and I need to decide in the next few weeks.
>>
>>1609004
I fucking hate the way post-secondary institutions create these mickey mouse programs, it's a scam, all of it. Not that long ago if you wanted to work in the hotel business you would just get an entry level job and work your way up. Now you NEED that hotel management diploma just to get a minimum wage job working the desk, except now you're in debt. Post-secondary institutions create these programs to bring in more students, and industry goes along with it because they want new ways to screen out applicants.
>>
>>1609375
But one can argue you make more money now than you could have back then.
>>
>>1608981
>a Leisure, Sport, and Tourism Studies degree
You're an idiot.
>An elementary educator degree
You're an idiot.
>I'm not even sure what jobs you can get with t he first one but it sounds kinda cool.
Wow, you're an idiot.

I hope you at least realize just how dumb of a person you are.
>>
>>1609591
Hi, thank you for the response. Would you mind elaborating on why I am an idiot so I can work to change that? Thanks.
>>
>>1609760
He's an idiot. Don't listen to him
>>
>>1609774
Can you explain that?
>>
>>1608981
education is not a field you get into for the hell of it. you either genuinely want to teach, or gtfo. so the other option
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.