[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Carpenter apprentiship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I've been in college the past 3 years, and if I go on any longer I'm going to end it. With the overwhelming decision that I went into a bachelors degree program for only the money and to make my parents happy, I've decided this isn't what I've wanted to do with my life.

I have decided that I would much rather become a carpenter. How do I go about this, and what is some general advice that anyone has for a 23 year old trying to enter a trade?

Thanks in advance, pic unrelated
>>
>>1608906
Country?
>>
>>1608906
Trades here, I work with race cars.

Be friends with people, they wanna see you succeed. You've probably got an uncle whos brother is in plumbing, ask to tag along on one of his trips, look curious.
>>
>>1608948
Talk with their bosses, chances are they're just regular guys who drink beer on weekends especially if it's a trades job. Friend them up and stay in touch. No one ever hires "that wiz-kid that popped out of nowhere" when their highschool friend is looking to get out of being a store clerk
>>
If you're close to finishing on receiving your bachelor's degree, I say, finish it and be done with it. Might as well. However, at the end of the day, it's your life. Do what makes you happy. Find whatever it is that you love, and if you have passion for it, then eventually, the money will role in too. Don't give up and never stop.
>>
>>1608953
That's my plan, I've decided to change majors so that I can graduate, I have enough credits, just not enough of the right classes for my original major. On top of that they're trying to tell me I have to go somewhere and volunteer 240 hours of my time and work for free in exchange for 4 credits, fuck that.
>>
>>1608951
That's great advice, appreciate it. At the end of the day everyone helps out their friend, so become a friend. I've always wanted to be a mechanic too, but I like working on cars recreationally, I think after my 300th oil change of the day I'd blow my brains out
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.