[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

28 years old and no credit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1390843662425.png (174KB, 712x998px) Image search: [Google]
1390843662425.png
174KB, 712x998px
Never owned a credit card and I feel like it's time to grow up and improve my credit so that down the road I can rent an apartment, house, etc.

https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/secured-mastercard/?Log=1&EventType=Link&ComponentType=T&LOB=MTS%3A%3ALCTMMQC4S&PageName=sc&TargetLob=MTS%3A%3ALCTMMQC4S&TargetPageName=Secured+MasterCard+Details&referer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.capitalone.com%2Fcredit-cards%2Fgateway&external_id=CJA_ZZ12606445_USCCJ_K3842381_04fdabc6d3f344c29470f2a9891dc2f6#section_4

Since I have no credit, would the above offer be worth getting? Are there better alternatives? I'm a former NEET who is currently in college.
>>
>>1608638

Also, I was thinking of getting a netflix account and using this card so that I can pay it off and build credit. Would that be a good idea?
>>
As long as you don't fuck up and miss a payment, pretty much any card will do.

Seriously, pay on time and pay everything off.
>>
File: vyS28Ou.jpg (151KB, 660x660px) Image search: [Google]
vyS28Ou.jpg
151KB, 660x660px
>>1608638
your thumbnail is fucking gay, if u get with a women because she likes your means, shes a gold digging tramp..also, id rather have no credit than shit credit...get over it and buy a pack of gum every week on ur fucking discover card and KYS.
>>
>>1608638
Some banks offer "student" credit cards. Low credit limit but there's no deposit like there is with secured credit cards.

You should be able to get a better one within a year.

>>1608642
Do you literally not buy anything else?
>>
>>1608638
>Never owned a credit card
keep it that way.

credit is a jewish scam.
>>
>>1609120
>he doesn't pay off his balance every month and collect the sweet, sweet cash back from things he was going to buy anyway

lmao
>>
>>1608669
what if you use it for tuition? it takes time to pay it off...
>>
>>1609122
I've seen many reasonable people get into a jam and start bailing with their plastic. Next thing you know they got 10 large with 30% juice running, that's 300 a month and whatever other dings are in the small print, then it starts compounding. I have a prepaid card because they are forcing the plastic meme in so many places now but wow I've seen the plastic ruin many a life. So long is OP is careful and sure he will never start using it the way I described he might be OK. Back in the dark ages they would chop the heads off any money lenders charging more than 3% simple interest, really makes you think!
>>
File: 1467323358993.jpg (133KB, 1372x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1467323358993.jpg
133KB, 1372x1080px
>>1609120
>not getting free money for spending money
>carrying a balance
>>
Credit isn't that big of a deal nowadays considering that most millennials are dead broke and can't afford to be spending like the boom years of the 80's and 90's.
>>
>>1608638
>implying your mom tells you about that stuff
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.