[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Silver as an investment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: silver.jpg (149KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
silver.jpg
149KB, 1000x1000px
What do you think of silver as an investment? How will world events affect the price?
If the economy crashes, is it better to have silver than cash?
The price of silver is USD $18,(584/kilo) how does this compare with where it has been and where it is projected to be?
Is there a difference in the security of precious metals between Canada and the United States?
Is silver a meme?
>>
ill give you a tip : dont worry so much about what will happen if the economy crashes, chances of that happening is very, very low. worry about what will do well if the economy does well since thats whats happening currently. so many people on this board have fallen for the "constant negativity" meme, where theyre always looking for the worst(and lowest probability) outcome and how to capitalize on it, and guess what? theyre losing money.
>>
>>1605195
think back on this comment in year from now

there is a big crash coming and chances that it can be stopped like 2008 are slim
and yes the crisis in 2008 was not as bad as it could have been
the us were so fucking close to bankruptcy and guess what: nothing has improved

the job market only looks good because there are so many people working two or three jobs

i don't know if it will happen on election day or some time in the following months, but i will guarantee you that if hillary somehow steals the election we will have world war three

but of course you won't believe me because i'm just some dude on 4chan

please do your own research
and by that i don't mean the mainstream media
the same mainssteram media that rigged the brexit polls and slanders donald trump while defending a litteral satanist, sorros' pet, warmonger, child abuser, rape defender, unmannered - and corrupt politician

if you don't want to do research for your sake, do it for your familiy
>>
>>1605195
>if the economy does well since thats whats happening currently
>>
>>1605881
>there is a big crash coming
and a broken clock is right 2 times a day.
>>
>>1605921
Inverted yield curves don't usually mean a bull market is starting...
So seeing as there are negative interest rates on top of that, it's pretty obvious a big crash is most certainly near.
Or maybe printing all this currency will work differently this time, broken clocks are right twice a day after all
>>
>>1605881
I kinda agree with this guy.

Just now, due to perverse incentives, it is often more profitable for companies to take on huge debt than be innovative.

This increasing level of debt is only serviceable with extremely low/neg interest rates.

At the same time Western government spending is increasing.

Heres a simple thought experiment:

Oil prices are incredibly low.
Oil is used a lot.
Why isnt the business world flourishing?
>>
>>1606114
>>
>>1605881
Nice call
>>
so what happens next? is this crash going to facilitate substantially negative interest rates? Or will finance just stop working? back to barter and trade?
>>
>>1605150
I call this the am-I-dying principle.
Should you worry every day that today is the day you're is going to die? You'll live your whole life in fear, and only once be right. If you're thinking you're always going to be fine for another day, you'll be right every day of your life, untill you're not.

Think of stocks as a business (e.g. a local store) and silver as a rock in the ditch behind the store. Should you buy a store, that generates money, or should you buy the rock, in the hopes that someone further down the road is going to give you more for that same piece of rock?
>>
>>1605150
Think about this:

interest rates lowest in 200 years

Bond market biggest it's been since the
establishment of the bank of England in 1694

Feds balance sheet is now $4.5TRILLION, compared to $800BILLION in 2008

Quantitative easing now used as an immediate tool whenever markets tumble in UK or Europe or Japan, as opposed to previously allowing natural recovery from recessions (also increase potential for widespread negative interest rates)

this is NOT the symptoms of a functioning world wide economy, fuck anybody that says differently, world debt hugely outweighs actually physical currency in any denomination, especially US dollars.
>>
>>1606114
>it's pretty obvious a big crash is most certainly near.

Yeah but you've been saying that for the best 8 years
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.