[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain what exactly "networking" means?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1471141284116.png (278KB, 706x412px) Image search: [Google]
1471141284116.png
278KB, 706x412px
Can someone explain what exactly "networking" means?
>>
Befriending people, making a good impression on those who meet you, doing others favors, etc.
>>
Making friends. You know how to do that, right? :)
>>
>>1603550
>>1603553
But you're making friends just to use them to advance your own career. That's not really friendship.
>>
File: 1472301331665.png (561KB, 851x654px) Image search: [Google]
1472301331665.png
561KB, 851x654px
>>1603546
meet with some wannabes (like you) to suck their dicks
>>
>>1603550
>doing others favors
mostly this.

>>1603553
business networking != social networking

ideally the best way to start networking is to be able to offer something of value upfront. the easiest way to build connections is to do favors
>>
>>1603556
yes, because they are using you to advance their career as well. the point is to scratch each other's back.
>>
>>1603546
Hollywood Fag here,

It means sucking dick to eventually maybe possibly getting your dick sucked. In the end, you sucked way more dick than yours got sucked and then you die of a coke overdose.
>>
i had an ex who was a model and used to go to "networking parties"

i know, i know, i know
>>
>>1603546

It basically just means getting to know people abd being memorable.
>>
>>1603546
pretend to be people's friends in an attempt to extract favors from them to further your own interests
>>
>>1603546
networking in the business world is synonymous with cronyism.

you know people, they know people, more opportunities are available to you because of it
>>
>>1603710
Are you in a high level position? Or just an AD who thinks he's a big shot.

Also, what is your degree
>>
>>1603546
It's just free advertising and an excuse to socialize while pretending it's for work.

We could all just exchange business cards and resumes but it's a lot more fun to hang out and bullshit in person. Unless you don't like people, but then you're not going to benefit from networking anyways because people can smell when you don't like them.
>>
>>1604175
>people can smell when you don't like them

Only if you're blatant.
>>
>>1604179
keep telling yourself that if you think it'll help.
>>
>>1604175
>implying people can tell when you like them
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.