[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

S&P 500 after elections

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Hey /biz/man, should I put all my shekels in S&P 500 ETF?

Hillary will win, so we will see more QE within the next years, right?
>>
>>1603482
If you are not looking for quick money, you should be doing it anyway. If Shillary wins, the index will bounce back a bit, if Trump wins, I have at least five years to recoup the losses, so I don't care. I am buying in on Monday.
>>
>>1603482
>recoup the losses
Why? No war with russia - no growth?
>>
>>1603482
>Hillary will win
No, put it in a inverse ETF instead
>>
Invest in raytheon and Lockheed for a Hillary win.
>>
File: 1393712735190.jpg (31KB, 422x422px) Image search: [Google]
1393712735190.jpg
31KB, 422x422px
Yeah just stick it all in there right at the end of the longest bull run in stock market history.

Reddit tier /r/investing plebs will tell you never to time the market, this is because they don't understand the calculus of investing.

The problem comes from several realisations about stock market history:

1) There are regular large crashes
2) The large crashes collapse by an average percentage.
3) The longer a crash has been delayed, the more likely it will appear at some point.

Sadly a lot of mouth breathers confuse the last point for a gambler's fallacy, but that is in itself a fallacy because there is no historic precedent for the stock market to not crash.

Now, once you realise the above, you can get down to the business of figuring out whether it's safe to invest. The main thing you need to know is that if, for example, the stock market increases 50% over a given time, and then crashes by 50%, you will have just made a net loss. Therefore, if you accept that the market will crash by, I dunno, 50%, but that you don't know when this will be, but you do know that the market will also gain about 10% per year, then you get an idea as to how long the market will have to continue going up in order for your investment to profit, and the answer in our case is 8 FUCKING YEARS.

Now the size of the crash is not guaranteed here, in fact the last couple of corrections were slightly less than that, but then again the increases were less than calculated.

Either way, what I'm saying here is that unless you like losing lots of money quite quickly, STAY THE FUCK OUT OF THE STOCK MARKET UNTIL THERE'S A FUCKING CORRECTION
>>
>>1603664
That's some pretty shitty risk management.
>>
>>1603664
>>
>>1603845

>SP500 sidelining for 2 years now
>shat its pants in early 2016 before recovering
>hurr bull run
>>
>>1603880

Do you expect the market to move at exact 45 degree angles or something?

>shat its pants in early 2016

That wasn't shitting its pants. The pant shittening has yet to occur. Look at previous actual corrections. Like I say - 40-50% down from current values. Happens every few years.

Enjoy losing your money anyway.
>>
>>1603835
This. Also Honeywell and Northrop Grumman
>>
>>1603845

>calculus of investing

why would you ever need calculus for investing? u think ackman is fucking doing triple integrals to figure if he should buy more vrx?
>>
>>1603931

>2 years of no movement is bull market
>Im the only person smart enough to realize the market crashes every 8 years, all those hedge fund managers and academics who cant predict crashes are fucking retarded

You are a complete moron for believing crashes are regular. If you had lived in the 50s, you wouldve believed that there has to be a world war every 25 years because your mind cant comprehend more than simple patterns.
>>
>>1603880

Also, did you know the last 9 days has been the longest losing streak since December 1980?

Sleep tight.
>>
>>1603975

Fantastic arguments to counter my points.
I hate the Dunning-Kruger meme, but you fit perfectly.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.