[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nutrition / Food analysis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

I'm in my first of year of studying Nutrition and Food analysis so I can specialize later on into being a dietitian, sports nutritionist or something with food production (more related to the ingredients/nutrition rather than the process of producing it).

While I do find the program interesting, I'm worried there is little potential for making lots of money with it. I'm interested in entrepreneurship and would like to start my own business somehow and I'm wondering if anyone here is familiar with the field and knows anything about it.

Thanks!
>>
OP again,

I'm also worried that regardless if I work at a company or start my own business the main factor in being successful will be dependent on the sales/marketing rather than the actual food aspect, which is a bit demotivating.
>>
>>1603407
You can start affiliate blog or something, promoting supplements or cooking books.
Not guaranteed to make you rich, but there are people making millions annually from that kind of thing.
>>
Come up with the next meme food/product, like Bulletproof Coffee

(I'm not bashing it, I drink it every morning and am a ketofag, the science actually works, it's not a meme in that sense. It's a meme in that the Bulletproof guy, Dave Asprey is a great fucking marketer and businessman, and of course it's not entirely about helping people...he is making fucktons of money. He puts a lot of stuff out there for free. Twice weekly podcast, other 'biohacking' shit, a nice website/brand/forums and a general overall good reputation...which creates trust and goodwill, so many people then ALSO buy his slightly overpriced MCT oil and super duper utterly retardedly overpriced coffee...except it's not retarded because all the goodwill he creates convinces people to buy it for the high meme price).

Or look at Alex Jones...to fund InfoWars, he's got into the 'neutraceuticals' busniess. I'm not saying he's a conman, I'm sure his supplements are just as effective as other similar products on the market (however effective that is). But he created a niche. He built his reputation on the show, the politics, so he created loyalty/goodwill/trust with that, and now he's got a while other busniess where he stands out. With the word spreading, people actually decide, consciously, to buy whatever neutraceutical from him instead of the countless other generic supplement companies out there.

Jones and Asprey have created great brands/personalities from the loosely related work that they put out there for free, and so are getting customers BIGLY. People are buying their products because of who they are, not because they think that their products are much better than the competition.

You might have to become a famous meme personality somehow, and build a compelling reason for others to buy shit from you instead of anyone else. You'll have to come up with a golden idea and work your arse off for it though. You can tell Asprey and Jones work long days every day.
>>
>>1603411

Look, I get that you want to only do stuff regarding to your education but life doesn't really work like that. Especially if you're going to start a business, it will NEVER take off without having to sell your actual product or the idea behind it. Everything in life consists of sales and marketing.
>>
Diet tech here. How exactly do you plan on cresting abusing around nutrition? I'm already pondering creating partnerships with chains on my idea and would love other like minded individuals to join me. I hate it when fellow nutritionists are forced to spew meme miracle diets because they know it's what their clients want to hear.
>>
File: jew_meme.jpg (40KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
jew_meme.jpg
40KB, 604x604px
>>1603630
> cresting abuse

Creating a business.
>>
>>1603601
Me again. Putting it in another way:

The people who buy Asprey's and Jones' products do it at least partially from an emotional place. It's not a pure, calculating dollars and cents equation. Not even a benefit-per-dollar equation. They don't mind spending more because they love those guys.

They love Asprey for introducing them to keto/paleo/biohacking and helping guide them to fixing whatever longstanding health issues they had that doctors didn't help them with.

They love Jones for 'telling them about da noo whirl ordurr' and 'fighting da gud fite agenss da globaliss every day'.

So when people go to them for their products, it's partly out of love/loyalty, their way of giving back to these guys who they feel gave/give them somethign invaluable first.

tl;dr: become beloved. Obviously easier said than done.
>>
>>1603708

But this just makes me feel like I don't even need the nutrition degree, it would be better to just study or learn on how to influence people and become liked and then hire some schmuck to formulate a product for me.

>>1603630

I really have no idea. I'm quite interested in supplementation and convenience food. I was thinking of making a product similar to Soylent (meal replacement). It's already out there but it's not a thing in my country and it can be improved/marketed better.

As a second idea I was interested in launching a brand of supplements (mainly nootropic) of a unique blend and marketed towards professionals who have money to blow to improve their mental performance.

I think a lot of professionals (programmers, entrepreneurs, etc.) are trying to maximize their performance and get the most out of their day. I would like to come up with a solution to this by saving time on meals and offering supplements that aid in helping people perform better at their jobs.
>>
>>1603633
I wondered wtf that was
Im new to /biz/ is this an actual meme thing or was it just a wierd fuckup?
>>
>>1603749
I guess you don't. But you're in it now, so finish it. The credentials could help later for a gimmick anyway.

What country are you in?
>>
>>1603836

Well I'm in my first year so I have thoughts of dropping out and doing something else as not to waste my time. I'm just worried I'll finish 5 years of university and end up with a degree I won't need/use.

Poland, but I am planning on moving to Canada after I finish.
>>
>>1603850
Well, you won't get rich from it, but you can earn a normal living becoming a plain old regular dietitian. I don't know anything but Polan but you can join half your countrymen over here and work in the NHS. People are getting fatter/unhealthier at an increasing rate, and I'm sure it'll get worse before it gets better. You just tell fatties to eat less 'sugar' (not carbohydrates, you still can't say carbs are bad, only sugar, as if they're completely different things kek), and phone them every 6 months to hear their excuses about why they're not following your advice, and say "awwww", and that's about it. Easy peasy.
>>
bumpity boomp
>>
>>1603407
OP, its really good that you're interested in business and entrepenureship. If you have an email let me know because Im also interested, just to talk, nothing too serious at the moment.
>>
>>1603630
Hey man, I'm not OP, and neither do I have a degree or background in nutrition or diet tech, but I'm interested, I have plans, I'm a CompSci student so that might help, I'm also willing to learn, if we talk i'll show you what I've done thus far.
email me first I guess: [email protected]

I asked OP aswell but it looks like he wont be getting back to me :(
>>
I recommend you looking into the medical marijuana industry, analysing THC content in medicinal edibles. pay would be fair at first but you must save and live frugally and observe the business structure until you have enough money and experience then, manage your own edibles company selling an improvised product -> reap the rewards...

Doesn't stop there, learn to invest.
Buy low, Sell high.
Learn to appreciate.
Learn to be patient.
Practice gratitude.

Golden Goal: Philanthropic and Altruistic Endeavors

-vh
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.