[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are books a worthy investment in yourself?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1446162657946.png (208KB, 806x766px) Image search: [Google]
1446162657946.png
208KB, 806x766px
Are books a worthy investment in yourself?
>>
How to get Rich/Successful/etc books are not worth a penny. You could torrent them though.
>>
>>1603381
no, download them for free that makes any return infinite%
>>
>>1603385
If we ignore obvious scams like that
>>1603389
and ignore reading PDFs

are actual books a worthy investment in yourself? Studies show that reading from an actual book is better than reading on a screen.
>>
>>1603396
How about you link this "study".
>>
>>1603398
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=reading+books+vs+reading+pdfs
>>
>>1603381
Anything worth reading is in the public domain
>>
>>1603396
>Studies show that reading from an actual book is better than reading on a screen.
really faggot? really? e-book readers are a thing today if you insist on such bullshit. you are also free to print out the pdf if that is your thing. i could print out downloaded books at the company for free. it would never occur to me tho, paper is unwieldy heavy dirty easily damaged meh.
>>
>>1603400
yeah your search only shows shit like "some people" whom i call dinosaurs and retards can't efficiently navigate in online media like in books because they never fucking learned it.

yeah you are a faggot and a moron learn to use ebooks they are a whole evolutionary leap forward. also worth mentioning that pdf is the shittiest format ever thrown together and i hate it with every fiber of my being. sadly low effort scans are usually pdf.

try reading an epub tho, where you can adjust the font size and column number on screen the texture of "paper" behind it and follow hyperlinks and put in bookmarks. fuck paper books! they are dumb.
>>
>>1603408
I want to read textbooks and I don't see how that would work on a little kindle, though.
>>
>>1603423
i sometimes read on my tv screen
put the notebook video output on the tv use a wireless keyboard/touchpad to navigate
your face is 3 meters from the shit you read which is very good for the eyes and you can make the letters any size you want so no problems unless you are short sighted.

i also like that i can immediately google anything i don't understand or watch video tutorials, visual demonstrations of harder concepts.
>>
>>1603429
yeah, that's cool. Reading a PDF or anything on a screen is just not as easy to do as a book.
>>
>>1603381
Yes of course... Maybe you pay $20 for something that could change your entire life. I'd say that's worth it. I buy tons of books. Most you can even find in the library for free.
>>
All self help books are. You're borrowing the brain of the author.
You can start here https://www.google.com/search?q=best+self+help+books
Then find the free pdf online, go to the library, or buy it.
I've heard/read most of those mentioned on the link. They're all good. I particularly recommend anything from Brian Tracy. I listened to his psychology of achievement audiobook while working at my shitty job. It motivated me to quit and bring my passive income business to the next level.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.