[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sericulture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: hey dere.jpg (282KB, 1000x936px) Image search: [Google]
hey dere.jpg
282KB, 1000x936px
I'm going to use my VA loan to start the plantation soon, wish me luck.

The idea has evolved and become much, much more developed. Symbiosis is amazing when you use species from four continents.
>>
File: IMG_0396.jpg (89KB, 685x567px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0396.jpg
89KB, 685x567px
Sounds cool as hell but is there seriously any money in silkmaking? Seems like something chinese would produce in massive quantities for peanuts. Maybe market your silk as organic/fair trade etc. so you can sell to Whole Foods crowd for a premium
>>
>>1603122

My niche is ahimsa (peace) silk. It's triple the price, but doesn't kill the silk worms when you make it.

The Chinese aren't ethical enough to do it that way.
>>
>>1603093
>>1603125

You've piqued my interest.
I would consider going into it if I wouldn't find caterpillars and moths so damn disgusting.

I'd try to develop a way to develop a way to feed the caterpillars intravenously somehow and suspend them in the spin stage for as long as possible ( possibly through controlling temperature, hormones, etc) while continuously harvesting the silk before it hardens

Imagine, endless batteries of hydroponic silkworms!

I've considered doing something similar: growing exocrine glands in batteries, like mammary gland clusters, for example, and feeding them directly through artificial capillaries with a serum produced further upstream in the factory. milk batteries.

But for now I'm doomed to sell satellite propulsion systems.

Anyways, I wish you the best of luck with your endeavour, brother!
>>
>>1603093
I would have loved being a bee keeper and silk maker, but only when I was 10 and under. Now I find insects either disgusting or too damn squishy and easy to kill.
>>
>>1603125
Do the silk worms die after being removed from their cocoon or can they be nursed back to health to make more silk? I bet they'd be excellent chicken food but that might go against the whole practice of peace silk
>>
File: yes_pls.jpg (107KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
yes_pls.jpg
107KB, 800x800px
>>1603252
this, fucking worms are gross as hell.
>>
>>1603252

It could probably be made more profitable by sciencing it up, but I'm keeping it simple for now.

>>1603474

Depends on if you do it the traditional way or not.

In the traditional way you boil the cocoons with the worms in them alive. You can see them pop up and down in the water as they struggle not to die. Then you unweave the cocoon for the silk and use the larva for fish food. The way that I do it is to remove part of the cocoon and slit it so that they can crawl out easily when they have metamorphosed. After about ten days they crawl out and fly around, ready to live their little moth lives and make more moths.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.