[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me get started

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1015.jpg (50KB, 952x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1015.jpg
50KB, 952x500px
Here's a newfag from /b/ trying to start out in the stock market. Willing to put in 50$ and 50$ only just to see what happens. What do I need to know, /biz/? Where should I put my money? What times should I buy or sell shit?
>>
Go back to /b/ faggot. We don't need your cuckery here.
>>
>>1601489
$50 isn't going to get you very far. You also aren't going to get very far by buying stocks based on random tips. You either need to do your research, or pay somebody to handle it for you, and again $50 isn't going to cut it.

Generally you can reasonably expect about a 10% annual return on stocks. This is not a promise or a guarantee, it is an average. You could lose it all, or you could pull in much better. It just depends on whether you make sound decisions or poor ones. If you aren't doing your research, then rest assured you are making poor decisions.

This ain't the movies. Day trading can be very profitable, but it's not easy, or stress free. Successful day traders work their asses off to be successful. If you think it's the easy route to obscene wealth then you are very sadly mistaken.
>>
>>1601489

$50 is nothing you homo

Put in minimum 1000 to see any real growth. If you can't come up with a measly 1000 bucks, kill yourself.
>>
File: 1477405771475.gif (11KB, 468x60px) Image search: [Google]
1477405771475.gif
11KB, 468x60px
You've come to the right place. Just search for some random biotech penny stock and put all 50 on it.
>>
>>1601500
Fuck you, faggot.
>>1601533
Where would I find a reliable source to research this stuff?
>>
>>1601543
Google
>>
>>1601544
I meant like a book or something. I wanted a recommendation.
>>
>>1601543
Investopedia is a good place to learn, and you can do practice trades to learn without actually risking any real money. Invest on paper until you are confident in your ability to do it for real. You do need to take risks if you want to be successful, but there's a difference in blind risk and carefully measured risk.

Other than that, companies are required by law to publish and make publicly available any info that potential investors would need in order to decide whether that company's stock is worth investing in. It is unfortunately boring reading, that will seem like complete gibberish to you right now. It's worth learning how to read it though, because it can make or break your portfolio.

Keep in mind there is a reason why people pay financial advisors/planners to handle their money for them. Personally I have someone handling the bulk of mine, because she's a lot better at it than I'll ever be. I do like to do a little investing independently of her though, just for the fun and challenge of it. The day I start doing better than she does, is the day I'll consider handling it all on my own.
>>
>>1601489
I bought 93 pieces of Church & Dwight on Wednesday for $ 48,81 each, now it is only $ 43,78 worth.

Lost $ 467.79 in two days ...
>>
>>1601489
I happen to be a fund manager for a medium sized company. I know just how to handle your cash.

Just drop me your e-mail (use a burner) and transfer the amounts here:
186phP1eCyhWzNepC2qfdBn5n7s2A6foDx
(Bitcoin is IRS worst enemy)
>>
>>1601489
50 bucks? Buy s and p futures
>>
File: 1477935980813.jpg (32KB, 544x366px) Image search: [Google]
1477935980813.jpg
32KB, 544x366px
>>1601676
>>
>>1601717
I made a lot of money because of you, Farage.
>>
>>1601489
Never buy a significant jump, it will likely drop slowly afterwards. Buy stocks at lunch time.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.