[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who's your favourite Snakeoil Salesman?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Richo.jpg (304KB, 800x524px) Image search: [Google]
Richo.jpg
304KB, 800x524px
Steve Jobs, Elon Musk, Edward Bernays? Who else am I missing? What's the secret sauce /biz/realis?

I think for Musk and Jobs they've managed to create hype because they've creating this kind of message of "technology = hope (in tomorrow)". You're not buying a car or a fucking tablet, you're buying into a dream... they convince you it's not a piddling utilitarian object, that you're part of something bigger.

But with Richard Branson, I'm not so sure, I think he just rubs off his rakish Brit charm onto his brands by assosiation.

Thoughts?
>>
>>1600870

>Edward Bernays

the dude invented the entire industry of advertising and company/PR image. Presidents consulted with him for help on crowd theory/mass appeal during the war. It has to be Bernays.
>>
What's the deal with Richard Branson? Did he play hot potato?

Is the royal haze meant to make me hate nearly everyone to death?
>>
>>1600874
Good point. Certainly not as visible as some of this CEOs but no doubt more influential.

I think what's particularly amazing was he managed to run campaigns that affected mass behavioral change. That's actually quite scary.

I mean when he can get women smoking - which obviously opened up huge markets - literally adding a behavior to their everyday lives just because he chose to, that's true power.
>>
Was the hot potato too hot?
>>
File: 1469008425236.png (642KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1469008425236.png
642KB, 800x800px
I think the Don has a similarity with these guys in his penchant, even before the election, to get huge amounts of free press and exposure for his brand.

Those scum of the earth kardashians too. I mean they actually managed to con people into thinking Bruce Jenner was a hero even after he committed manslaughter because he was texting...

And they still sell perfume or whatever.

THAT'S SALESMANSHIP!
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.