[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on running a subscription box?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: paIGKY2.jpg (28KB, 738x1024px) Image search: [Google]
paIGKY2.jpg
28KB, 738x1024px
Thoughts on running a subscription box?
>>
>>1600792
Saturated as fuck, makeup is dominated by birchbox and ipsy, lootcrate is losing customers, geekgear and other lootcrate Carbon copies are losing money.
You will fail, you are most likely to anyway.
What do you have in mind though, I was thinking of integrating a subscription service with an app so the customer can track progress on whatever they are getting, like a healthy snack box or some pseudoscience bullshit like that.
>>
File: pajeet.jpg (1MB, 1500x997px) Image search: [Google]
pajeet.jpg
1MB, 1500x997px
>>1600792
I laugh at all the people that buy that shit. You literally have to be a retard. There are a decent number of retards on the internet so you might be able to make some easy money.
>>
>>1601011
alright, the "subscription" part of the model might be saturated, but what about the the "box" part?

the idea of compiling goods into a box for a discount? just to throw some numbers, let's say you are able to offer $20 *worth* of goods (but in reality, that unit of goods only cost you $10 to purchase because you bought it bulk) and take said goods and put it in a box, then you sell the box for $15 (for simplicity, let's say shipping is included in that).

make sense? from the customers pov the incentive to purchase the box is that you receive a discounted price, rather than if you were to buy each product offered in the box individually.\

>>1601026
>There are a decent number of retards on the internet so you might be able to make some easy money.

trust me, there are tons of retards in the internet lol.
>>
>>1601590
>but what about the the "box" part?
>the idea of compiling goods into a box for a discount? just to throw some numbers, let's say you are able to offer $20 *worth* of goods (but in reality, that unit of goods only cost you $10 to purchase because you bought it bulk)
Start spit balling ideas if you are confident that the idea of saving money is the customers key motivation for buying a product. Good luck too ya.
>>
>>1600792
can we share business ideas on subscription box services? If so, here's my pitch
>NEET2Nice
>offers three seperate packages
>NEETNFast, 1 month at 30-40 dollars
>NEETNCool, 6 month at 25-35 dollars per box
>NEETNMasterful, 12 month, 20-30 dollars per box

>each box is supposed to slowly ween people off of being unemployable undateable losers
>t-shirts go from ornate anime to /fa/ style designs of minimal or ironic imagery that fits them well
>pre-sending questionaire on what their interests are/what they hope to achieve in their lives and books/comics related to that are sent in boxes
>monthly or bimonthly questionaires on what their improvements in life have been like, changes made to boxes consistent with their lifestyle changes.

Who knows, i just want to make NEETs extinct because we NEED MORE WAGESLAVES.
>>
>>1602178
Great, except NEETs are broke. There's no way most of them would spend 20-40 bucks a month on something like that unless you somehow accepted food stamps. Maybe you could target it toward mom & dad as a service to help get their loser son out of the basement instead. It would have to be something that actually adds value though, not just decreasingly weeby t-shirts and comic books.
>>
>>1602178
nice effort but neets have no money
this time pick a demographic that has disposable income
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.