[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tobacco

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1

File: cigar.jpg (49KB, 399x443px) Image search: [Google]
cigar.jpg
49KB, 399x443px
What is the future of the tobacco industry?
>>
>>1600780
Cigarettes.
Vaping was a meme.
>>
>>1600783
That's what I'm starting to think. I think this whole "Big Tobacco will expand into vaping and weed" is just a fetish for hippies who think Big Tobacco cares about Western markets anymore.

Don't most major tobacco multinationals get their profits from third world countries, where there are like zero regulations on smoking? Even outside America, there are still some first world countries like Japan and Ireland that are seeing increased rates of smoking.
>>
How high can the fucking taxes go
>>
>>1600822
Even if Elizabeth Warren wins in 2024 with the AI brain of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, companies like Philip Morris will still be able to shove cigarettes to 3 year olds in Indonesia, won't they?
>>
>>1600784
yeah thats true, ever tried smoking red Marlboro from egypt? things pack a mean punch
>>
>>1600780
I would say that it will continue to be big due to the partnership with governments to get tax revenue. Eventuallly third world governments will want their cut. So yeah, tobacco will continue into the future for a long time.
>>
>>1600822
>How high can the fucking taxes go
Iirc australia is up to about $25 a pack
>>
>>1600780
tobacco will have a bronze age coming up, young people are tired of misleading health panic bullshit about how if you smoke one cigarette you will literally shit your pants and die. Tons of people in college smoke, tons of people know that its health effects a vastly overblown to scare people away from "addictive properties". In truth? It'll probably merge on some level with marijuana as far as federal regulation goes.
>>
You guys know that they are making more money then ever right?
>>
>>1600780
>What is the future of the tobacco industry?

Lung cancer.
>>
>>1600780

low nicotine cigarettes
>>
>>1601170
Just because of the sheer amount of population that smokes. China and India are 2.4 billion people and approx. 25% of them smoke.
>>
>>1600780
>>1601187
High dividend yield stocks tho
>>
grown your own tobacco might get bigger as taxes go higher (kind of like weed), but for you city tards, i think cuban cigars will become more prevalent
>>
>>1600997
I personally could see this happening. I listen to music on Spotify and literally half of the ads are about anti-smoking stuff. As marijuana becomes more legal and thus less "edgy," we could easily see tobacco replace it.
>>
>>1600780
College students.

Seriously.

Always.
>>
>>1600853
I want one now
>>
>>1601217
Obama recently passed an executive order that specified Cuban cigars and alcohol can be purchased abroad and brought into the country, but cannot be purchased within the country
>>
They're getting into the cannabis market. They'll be the reason it becomes legalized.
>>
Tobacco wrecks soil a lot faster than marijuana. Marijuana will offer better yield over time on the same land that tobacco ever has for the Big Industry
>>
>>1602172
Yeah, I never understood why people thought Big Tobacco wanted to keep weed illegal for less competition. Why aren't they making bigbux in it already?
>>
>>1602204
They will. We had to wait for a generation of execs to age out
>>
>>1602480
But then again, is it true that the legalization of weed will have an impact on its popularity among young people?

You'll have your old people taking it for arthritis, you'll have your hippies smoking it, but why would young people look edgy doing a legal drug?
>>
>>1602609
Weed feels good to smoke, kids don't just smoke it because it's illegal you fucktard. Kids drink alcohol too.
>>
>>1600780
We are definitely heading towards a return back to prohibition thats for sure. I give it 10 - 20 years minimum. But it won't last long because SJW cucks never learn from history.
>>
>>1600780
sell tobacco i guess
>>
>>1602150
Smoking cigarettes on a college campus is nearly social taboo, even when you're at parties that are technically off campus.
>>
>>1602980
Where do you go to school
>>
>>1602980
Dude, I made so many friends at college while smoking. Go out for a break between classes, chat with whoever is around having a quick smoke. Not that I was even a big smoker... and obviously made friends when not smoking too. Nobody cares if you smoke unless they're a real prick.

>"Ewwww it sticks to my clothes"
shut up
>>
>>1600853
can confirm. bought some marlboros in egypt and brough them back home, everybody was asking where i got them and wanted more.
>>
>>1602980
Maybe in California hahaha
>>
When weed becomes legal and once the major players are established, large tobacco companies will likely come in and take them out
>>
>>1600780
Weed.
Wouldn't be surprised if there is secret research going into making it addictive.
>>
>>1603755
Weed is addictive you child
>>
>>1603910
Not that anon, but it certainly isn't physically addictive, and those that have trouble quitting are just whiny faggots that don't know what to do with their time without it.
>>
>>1602980
>being this libtarded

You must've been one of those kids who only hung out with SJW kids that always talked about how drugs and raves were cool but never got invited to any parties

a shame
>>
>>1603960

Alcohol though it doesn't have anything addictive in it per say, is still addictive, weed addiction is analogous to alcoholism.
>>
>>1602980

Not sure where you are at, but it is very socially acceptable at my uni to smoke, wherever. Usually people don't like to smoke inside except weed though.
>>
>>1600783
Vaping will die only if Big Tobacco lobbies hard enough for it
>>
>>1600976

1 pack cigarettes. $25.

Holy shit what's wrong with Straya?
>>
>>1605408
>not heavily taxing an addicting consumer good
It's just good business
>>
>>1601170
It also isn't so much as they are profiting more than they are getting sued less. Not as many people are suing them as they were in the 1990s. So the money that went to lawyers now goes in to their pockets.
>>
>>1605408
The Australian government makes something like 17.5x in revenue from cigarettes/tobacco products, in comparison to the costs on the health system from smokers. Crazy
>>
>>1602988
how do you feel while smoking? all I ever got was nervous jitters, scattered thoughts and a headache, I like coffee however
>>
>>1605614
That's your low tolerance. Everyone starts like that with cigs. After a while your senses feel heightened, your reactions feel quicker, and your mind feels more on one track. But that only lasts a little while especially with cigs. For a sustained feeling like that you need dip.

With cigars you feel very mellow though. It's almost an exact opposite. Has to do with the amount of nicotine.
>>
>>1605348

except for the whole, it can kill you thing
>>
>>1605942

I'm not sure what you mean? Both weed and alcohol can kill you.

There are studies that show boyscout camp leaders that don't smoke are susceptible to lung cancer from campfire smoke inhalation. Weed inhalation can cause cancer just as much as cigarettes can.
>>
>>1605614

If you live in the US, it's possible that the FSC stuff is what causes the headaches. I never got headaches from smoking until that started, and I stopped getting headaches from smoking after I switched to rolling my own and buying packs imported from Europe.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.