[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just started an accounting degree, should I kill myself now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: BackPainInChair.jpg (114KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
BackPainInChair.jpg
114KB, 500x365px
I just started an accounting degree, should I kill myself now to save the trouble of doing it later after years of wageslaving?

Will I be okay /biz/
>>
>>1600749
Lol I am about to start one next year. I'm in my 30's. Anyhow: Acc intersects w finance, co always need and accountant, worse some co's will hire an accountant over a finance grad. So u can go from acc to fin if u get bored.
>>
>>1600902

CPA here. Finance is way worse in terms of wageslavery because there are so many retarded finance majors.
>>
>>1601139
completely opposite experience.
generally find accounting-types as unambitious asian wageslaves, and finance majors as more ambitious, intelligent
>>
>>1601139
When did you pass your exam? How much did you study?
>>
>>1600749
That is a completely fine career path to pursue. Realistically, you should be striving to eventually open up your own firm as opposed to resigning yourself to what is essentially data entry in the corporate world. Start positioning yourself for a future like that. It's lucrative and easy. You hire bitches to do the book keeping and you meet with clients in your fancy office while getting paid to offer basic tax/financial guidance
>>
>>1601139

this.

also OP if you absolutely HATE something, you should not pursue it just for the money. You need to have SOME interest in what you do.
>>
>>1600749

you will know how the world economy works

use that in your advantage to get rich

don't be stupid, anon
>>
just go into real estate, be the guy who has an accountant
>>
try and do a double major if you can. Accounting + finance is a great combo. Also look into majoring in economics if you are somewhat intelligent. many of my friends will expect great jobs when they grad, and even better salaries in 10/20 years. If you stick it out with your accounting degree then try and get into auditing. massive bucks to be made there, so I'm told (I'm in engineering)
>>
never do something only for the money. the money isnt worth it.

you can make more money doing stuff you enjoy, anyway.
>>
>>1603327
if you really want you can go straight to finance with an engineering degree anyways, that's my plan
>>
>>1600902
>30

hhahahaahahahahahah
>>
>>1603421
I actually ran into a classmate last month from undergrad who just got hired by Sachs. He had a fucking metallurgy degree and just got a quant job. Nothing makes sense anymore.
>>
>>1603327
>Also look into majoring in economics
this a meme
The only reason to ever do this is if you're at a top 20 school and want to stand out from the business majors
>>
>>1604727
Not really that hard to understand

It's all numbers, just what you're adding up is a bit different
>>
>>1600749
I'm starting an internship at PwC in January. I'm excited.
>>
>>1601777
This. 25 now, live in europe. My boss is paying for my acc/finance major, already did one in International Relations. Work a few days a week, study a few, and learn trading, investment theory and economics.

Social life has taken a dive, but i'm getting payed, getting a free degree, and learning things that will enable me to better do research for myself later on. Still fucking a hawt qt with tatoo's; sucks mean dick, and getting some closer to 30's single ladies being thirsty, but gotta focus on the studies. Fucked my first degree up for a grill, no more.

O yeah, my mom is also a raging alcoholic trust fund baby, who lives insanely frugal, so one day i will be inheriting a sweet nest egg of a few mill.

back on topic; my bosses make 800k revenue from their little 10 man office. 2 partners. No idea what cost would be, assuming 100k-200kish, so 300k each. Not bad for a 38 year old Accounting CPA. They have a side gig with hedge funds etc, under a diff umbrella company, and some side internet hussle. I do think they make bank, delegate the shitty clients to us, and play big ballers with the richer ones themselves. But they treat me nice, so i'm quite satisfied. Few more months and i can start day-trading in the evenings. Life is good, busy season sucks, but fuck it. When i'm 32 i'll be set and banging hotties across the globe, while day/swing trading my IR-Finance/acc niche. Woop woop. My advice OP, don't care what other dumb people say, examine if they are in a position to give you advice, or if they are simply offering an unsolicited opinion. Once you learn to do this, life gets easy.

Also wanna start learning crypto's at some point, but time is fucking scarce these days.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.