[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poloniex advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_2.png (30KB, 384x363px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
30KB, 384x363px
Any Poloniex traders here? What's your strategies? How do you decide that you want to long or short? Also it appears that we are in extremely volatile markets right now due to bitcoin's extreme uptrend. I started trading on polo recently and at first I was happy with the gains i made but now none of my TA seem to work because of btc. And just to clear this up I'm not a long term trader. The longest I'm willing to leave an open positions is prob about a day.
>>
File: ssss.png (20KB, 392x403px) Image search: [Google]
ssss.png
20KB, 392x403px
>>1600161
My advice is to get out of shitcoins and go into forex or literally anything other than shitcoins.

pic related are my current open positions on 1broker
>>
File: tumblr_of5o5yYraU1srcc24o1_1280.jpg (104KB, 785x1163px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_of5o5yYraU1srcc24o1_1280.jpg
104KB, 785x1163px
>>1600169
I was into forex before i got into crypto but after brexit i just had enough of it. Believe me its so much harder to predict where the price is going to go on the forex market I've been there. Despite all the shit talk about crypto they are so much easier to predict when there isnt some huge event happening like the big trending of btc right now. Mix it with a little bit of margin and you can calmly profit from small daily movements. And I'm not all that interested in stocks probably because i don't know too much about it.
>>
>>1600203
You can always learn. I moved from crypto into stocks. I still keep a bit of money lending on polo and it's where I offload my mined coins, but stocks are great to learn and it will be of great value for you to learn about the markets. You can trade stocks just like crypto, it's all news, earnings, and macro conditions plus price action. Crypto has ungodly price action but you're basically trading pixie dust.
>>
How do you short on poloniex? Any advice for a noob? I thought you needed a broker to sell short to take borrowed shares from?
>>
>>1600355
I might start looking into stock trading. Any advice for a beginner or maybe some good sources of information (thinking about investopedia).
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (167KB, 1490x919px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
167KB, 1490x919px
>>1600366
You dont need a broker in order to short on polo. You just have to transfer your coins into margin and you can go both long and short there.
>>
>>1600161
long anything in the double digit red, short anything in the double digit green
>>
>>1600382
Look for some economic calendars or earnings release dates and targets depending on what you're trading.

If you trade oil, go on output of other nations, OPEC talks (whether they lead to anything or not, price action occurs), reserves. They publish that information on an interval. You can swing trade or do whatever with that information.

Other things you could do is learn the relationship between things like consumer sentiment, the monthly jobs reports, and words from yellen's mouth. The fed is currently in a mode of forward guidance where they don't give specific market conditions for when interest rates will occur, they just do a bunch of hand waving and make shit up. I have no faith the dovish fed right now.

Here are a couple of decent calendars.

http://www.forexfactory.com/calendar.php

https://www.bloomberg.com/markets/economic-calendar

https://research.money.net/calendar/

I like money.net's calendars. I think listening to conference calls is pointless so don't do it.
>>
>>1600388
Thanks much! That makes it a great system then. Can you do that with normal penny stocks or is it only on poloniex?
>>
>>1600449
Thanks a lot man you're the reason i still use (and believe in) /biz. Gonna start reading and learning about stock trading in my free time. One last question. As I already mentioned i prefer short term trading. Is that even possible with stocks or is it only long term there?
>>
>>1600474
Not sure how it works when it comes down to penny stock trading. I only know that most if not all of the crypto trading platforms dont require brokers in order to perform actions like shorting, longing, limits, stops etc. Also arent penny stocks considered not so much of a good investment?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.