[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recently graduated with a BBA. Trying to make a resume and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0207.jpg (39KB, 402x604px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0207.jpg
39KB, 402x604px
Recently graduated with a BBA. Trying to make a resume and I'm stuck on what to put for my skills... err how to word it.

Not sure what to put for hard skills as I don't have any certifications other than a forklift driver. I am able to type well in excess of 60wpm when I get going. Other than that I'm not sure what to put.

I taught English overseas for 5 years so I'm sure I could put something along the lines of being able to plan a curriculum and err direct a study session, but how would I word it as a skill.

Tl;dr- I'm looking for hard and soft skills i can legitimately put or bullshit on my resume
>>
>>1599866
>taught english overseas for 5 years
>stuck on how to word his skills
the adage holds true,
those who can, do
those who can't, teach
>>
>>1599871
And you're unable to word it as a skill... or can and just here to demean me while contributing nothing to the thread?
>>
>>1599881
why would I help you write a resume for free? it's not my job and there are plenty of online resources where someone has already automated that task. I don't know what your skills are, you have to tell me, and if i'm the person potentially hiring you, you have to tell me on a resume, and we have come full circle as to what the problem is. I will tell you this, the problem is not my attitude
>those who can, do
>those who can't, teach
i forgot the last line
those who can't teach, teach gym.
maybe you should just teach gym.
>>
>>1599884
Other than the bump you've offered no help.

I have lots of manual labor skills but those aren't relative to the jobs I plan on applying for. I'm proficient in most office related software, but I don't have any certifications. I know generally what I can put for soft skills, the bigger issue is what to put for hard skills.

Why should you do something for free? Well you already spent your time replying to me about this, though it wasn't at all helpful. I guess I thought people on here would be willing to help someone who genuinely wants to work and make a respectable living.
>>
>>1599907
yes but i am replying to you for the entertainment value lol
why didn't you develop your hard skills during your program?
what job title are you trying to acquire?
>>
>>1599952

Happy to hear I'm providing someone entertainment.

Working 40+ hours in addition to a full study schedule makes it hard to acquire hard skills much less have time for homework, reports, presentations etc.. I have time to acquire hard skills now, but I still intend to shotgun applications and take shots in the dark. I currently have a job that pays enough to live, but not enough for me, my wife and children to live happily.
>>
>>1599974
ok so
you drove a forklift... at a warehouse? at a factory? so you have experience working on your own without as much supervision. take your degree and get a supervisor position that pays better and is easier on your body. then those 40 hours won't be so bad. Possess good leadership qualities and demonstrate to employers how hard working you are on your resume via your experience of working full time while maintaining a good gpa. If you go to the interview don't be a sperg lol
>>
>>1599995
Not exactly doing it all for be, but you've given me some good ideas as far as what to put on my resume. I don't know if writers block for a resume is even a thing.
>>
>>1600029
you're just being stupid about it just go to an online resume generator and look at the bullshit it spouts out about you for ideas they have a bunch of word banks you can select from and everything to jog your memory. i'm normally not this grumpy but i hurt my back yesterday lol
>>
>>1600029
also bitcoin is dipping and i always get nervous when that shit happens because bitcoin is one of my fucking hedges
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.