[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the hell do I make money with my apps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: carr_tal_fotolia_0.jpg (4MB, 4500x2700px) Image search: [Google]
carr_tal_fotolia_0.jpg
4MB, 4500x2700px
How the hell do I monitize my apps, I have 4 apps ready and approved to deploy to both iOS and android. But want to look at other ways to make money off them other than charging a set fee. There are no in app purchases, and a pro version is not in the works.

How do I do it, how would or do you all do it?
>>
Ads
d
s
>>
>>1599605
I'm the short term until you get a great idea, Amazon actually pays per minute for apps used if you register with their app dev program. It's free but you probably sign away some rights if you accidentally invent the next viral hit angry birds. But you're not going to do that anon.

I signed up for it but I have no app ideas and haven't learned how to make apps yet. Maybe someday
>>
>>1599825
Ad's are a clear choice, an obvious one.
But people hate ads on most apps that aren't games. I will read up more on amazon anon, thanks!
>>
>>1600777
It's called Amazon Underground.

I'm working on mobile app side projects while getting my CS degree, mostly for resume padding. Monetization is difficult, anon. Some startups don't even address it.
>>
well I'd like to know how to make my app run as a part of the ui/ foreground. Make some okay money with out 1000 pledged buyers on android
>>
>>1599605

obviously can't say of we don't know what the app is about

depending on what it actually is, you can do a lot of things, from product placement to selling A/B statistics to straight out selling user data.
>>
File: image.jpg (147KB, 570x806px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147KB, 570x806px
I actually really wanna know how this can work, I have about 12000 people who have downloaded my free app. It's pretty much a taxi app that gets you the first available cab .

How would I make some coin off of it , I also have another utility app with 1500 downloads, no user profiles or info on this one either, it's just a conversion app. Ads seemingly drive downloads down , I'd love some tips
>>
>>1601452

ask the cab companies for a commission?
>>
>>1601452
easiest way: put ads on it
google 'admob'
>>
So in essence is there a particular rule of thumb for app advertising , basics views or pay per click ?
>>
File: image.jpg (259KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
259KB, 1500x1000px
Turns out a local taxi company is more than happy to Shill out 500-2000 a month for advertising to sole service ...
Thanks a lot anon !
>>
>>1603062
And even better , another 50 cents per short ride, and buck for every ride over 10 mins or at peak times !!!
>>
>>1603062
>>1603064
Good deal!
Can you share the details?
Are they offering that through Google's ad platform? Or do you basically hardcode the ads in your app directly for them?
>>
>>1603064
>>1603062

Good job, you made uber for taxi companies.

not even being facetious, congrats man.
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 683x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 683x384px
what more do guy want to know ?
I haven't addressed advertising though Google as yet !
>>
OP here, Amazon seems legit... but you need an addictive app or to be sneaky to get that .2 cent a min
>>
>>1603580
what do you mean? are there restrictions on what gets money?
you got a link?
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 500x375px
>>1603643
To gain .2 cents per minute , your app must be running in the foreground .
To use Amazon underground you must have a paid app on android or Apple Store , which on Amazon will be distributed for free... At said rate above .
With this being said , all In App Purchases must be free as well ...
>>
>>1599605
Best way to cash in apps is to raise vc money and pay yourself salary
>>
>>1603792
do you know of any books from the startups perspective about going through the VC process?
i only know of How to build a Billion Dollar App, which is ok.

Wouldn't the VCs have conditions about how much you can pay yourself and what their investment is used for?
>>
>>1599605
Get Cash for Apps: Secrets to Making Money with Free and Paid iPhone Apps by Paul Favors
English | March 24, 2016 | ASIN: B01DEQ61BS | 40 Pages | AZW3/MOBI/EPUB/PDF (conv) | 2.85 MB

http://nitroflare.com/view/D202A1CF0DD8C0E
>>
That ebook is just common sense .,
>>
OP here, thanks for the link my dude.
This and amazon are the way to go!
>>
Taxi dude here , just got a better offer from a competitor ..
Thanks op and anons
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.