[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it acceptable to lie on your resume?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0100.jpg (39KB, 495x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0100.jpg
39KB, 495x500px
Is it acceptable to lie on your resume?
>>
>>1598818
Only if you don't let anyone find out.
>>
>>1598818
I believe so. I filled some blanks in my early resumes.

If we look at the current US elections, we can safely say that lying isn't a big deal anymore...
>>
>>1598818

Serious answer: for any job application, always identify yourself as 'mixed race' or 'african american'. You'll get a higher response rate, depending on company & industry. This is esp true for gov. work.

HR will not verify your race besides verbally. I've worked in HR for a lot of years and have never had a case where we had to validate the applicant's race. That's inviting lawsuit.

Just a small step anyone can take in America to fight government sponsored racism.
>>
>>1598872
im actually from a country in africa but not black. so i could easily put african american? (my parents are from africa, i was born in america)
>>
>>1598818
Yes, I have. I landed a job successfully and stayed for a year just to get enough experience.

Once I left the company, I removed the lie.
>>
>>1598872
>Pretends to be in HR
>Doesn't realize that EEO information is not attached to applications
>Thinks the computer actually tells us who to interview
>>
>>1599002
Nice :^)
>>
>>1598818

Boutique investment bank, had a 2.1 GPA but with my pro bulls hitting skills and borderline sociopathy, I weaselled my way into the job. Now at a BB, no need to lie now.
>>
One of my friends coaches people for job interviews and also helps them optimize their resume. He told me lying and exaggerating is fine, as long as you don't go way over the top and as long as the job you're applying to is not the only one you really want. Basically, if you send out a lot of applications, chances are only very few potential employers will actually properly check them, so it is worth the risk.
>>
>>1599284

Now that's what I call edgy!
>>
Any advice for someone like me with good experience / volunteering and certificates but a shit GPA and academic results?

My mentor told me GPA and grades dont matter after you get your first real job anyway.
>>
>>1599285
On the topic of sending multiple applications, how about sending "decoy" applications/resumes? Basically apps or resumes with fake names from fake people who are perfectly qualified for the job. Put phone numbers that link to one of your phones. So then the hiring manager has it narrowed down to a few candidates, hopefully yourself if you lie well enough on your resume, and hopefully the fake decoy resumes you sent, thus beating out any real competition. Then when he calls one of the decoy numbers, go ahead and set up an interview. None of those fake people are will show up for the interview because they don't exist. And then you get the job by default.
>>
>>1599298
Try this>>1599299
>>
>>1598818
Yes, as long as you don't get caught. This extends to all things in life actually.
>>
>>1599350

lying is the backbone of any finance job, if you're too uncomfortable with it then just follow the STEM meme
>>
>>1598872
lel, many studies say otherwise.
>>
>>1599851

You'd be off.

When we take on a government project, one of the first boxes they check off for their vendor selection process is the "makeup" of a company. That is codeword for "diversity", which is codeword for "black hiring quota."

Bottom line, if you want lucrative government contracts in IT, you better make sure you have the "criteria" to be selected.

This is for private sector work.

Public sector HR still use the good old quota system.
>>
>>1598999

Of course you put African American. We've had several south Americans with spanish last names claim to be "black" as a part of their ancestor and we have to pretty much accept it.

Again, HR almost never verifies race. It's good enough for most companies to just say "we have X number of blacks working for us."
>>
>>1598872
Would Asian work
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.