[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright Goldfags

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: gold.jpg (50KB, 564x434px) Image search: [Google]
gold.jpg
50KB, 564x434px
I have been investing for quite a bit. I only have $30,000 in various investments, ranging from stocks, to bitcoin. I have been earning around $6000 PA passive from these various investments., Which I invest further. I lean towards High Risk Investments because im reasonably young.

I have been thinking about buying some gold, to diversify, and act as a hedge. Do any of you hold gold? How much % of portfolio is a reasonable amount of Gold?

I have been reading that 5% gold is optimal, any anons who hold gold? What % of your portfolio os gold, and what is a good amount? Just for comparison.
>>
>>1598751
Just keep it in cash. You will lose too much value just from buying and selling your gold to make it worthwhile. Or buy an ETF like GLD and call it a day. Personally I hold 0% gold.
>>
>>1598757
Just buy the gold on Bullion Vault or something then.
>>
>>1598751
Monetarism is at its' zenith, market cycle is mature. 50/50 hedge on gold.
>>
First of all - do you have an emergency fund?

If not, set aside at least $20k into an instant access bank account with as high interest as possible. Consider is as "gone" and never to be used unless absolutely necessary.

Second of all, there is no way you are earning 20% ROI dividends on your investments.
>>
>>1598751
>>1599271
Emergency fund is crucial, but 20k$ might be a bit much. I generally advice people to have enough saved up to pay for 6 months worth of housing, food, transportation and so on.

With regards to precious metals, I personally got 8% of my savings in physical gold and silver. I'm currently leaning towards buying more silver, since I think it is way undervalued compared to gold.
>>
>>1598751
i'm 70% on gold, but i have my personal reasons for doing that.
>>
>>1598751

Take Martin Shkreli's advice:
100% cash.
Invest in yourself and your career/business instead.
>>
>>1599795
>personal reasons
TELL SENPAI
>>
>>1598751
Gold is protection from inflation to some degree. If you're in the US, I don't think we have to worry much about inflation. If you are worried, then buy TIPS which will be much better/easier inflation protection.
>>
>>1598751
______________ gold,____________________ gold? _________________________________ Gold?

______________ gold_______________________________gold? __________________ gold, _____________________________.
>>
>>1600267

Do you trust the official inflation rate?

I live in the UK. £1 in 2010 is worth £1.35

The cost of rent, petrol etc have went up faster than this. The price of some things they calculate inflation on "tablet, phone etc" have obviously went down.

Like everything, you want a mix of insurance like investment/hedging.

Gold, silver, maybe buttcoins, property and land are the easiest.

The advice to invest in yourself is probably the best protection.
>>
The idea of owning gold as a hedge against inflation or collapse is a fundamental and wholly reasonable idea, but it implies that you physically must be possession of the gold, not hold a certificate that says that you are entitled to gold. This would be the difference between primary wealth and tertiary wealth.

The reason why people buy precious metals as a hedge is because they physically are in ownership of a resource, such as physically owning livestock even. This is primary wealth. Tertiary wealth isn't even ownership of anything, it's a "claim" to wealth so to speak. Shit like stocks, mutual funds, and especially gold ETF's get wiped out by economic upheavals.

Gold will eternally be useful as a precious metal. Gold and precious metals are in fact a useful tool to hedge against economic forces. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. Don't let the jews and the federal reserve fool you with their printing of money. The only thing that could change the usefulness of gold is if humanity somehow created an extremely cheap and easy way to change the structure of atoms to mass produce gold, which I don't see happening any time soon.

If you want to buy some gold, maybe hold something like 10% - 20% of your wealth in gold. We're not really in any cataclysmic events right now, so go ahead and aggressively build your portfolio. If you're concerned about your investments retaining their value and you don't want to fuck with gold but with something that's more flexible and allows you to capitalize, consider real estate.
>>
File: usdvalue.jpg (42KB, 520x355px) Image search: [Google]
usdvalue.jpg
42KB, 520x355px
>>1600267
>>
>>1598757
If you buy on Goldmoney there's only a 1% deposit and redemption fee. I have €3k worth of gold there and it already appreciated enough (I bought shortly before the election). They also gift you 0.5g gold for your first deposit.

It will go to the moon after Trump is elected, so buy now.

Goldmoney.com/r/WPGOHB
>>
>>1600952
> (I bought shortly before the election)
Meant to say that I bought two weeks ago, in expectation of the election. Didn't properly wake up yet.
>>
>>1598751
Gold is shit shit Waves much better!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.