[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is 23-24 too old to start a degree in finance? I dropped out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1476461868706.png (444KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476461868706.png
444KB, 1080x720px
Is 23-24 too old to start a degree in finance?

I dropped out with 3/4 of an engineering degree because I hated it. After working shit jobs and going nowhere for 2 years, I want to go back and get a degree in something I will enjoy.

Probably 1-2 years in community college, then transfer somewhere with a 4.0.

Ill graduate at 27 or 28, i guess that will harm my potential earnings, but idc.
>>
>>1598596
There are 80 year olds who run marathons.
>>
>>1598596
That's exactly what happened to me. Except the head of the business school took nearly all of my business credits and fit them to a business management degree. It took me an additional 3 semesters.

By the time I was done, most of my friends from engineering courses had quit engineering and got into management. A lot of engineers do move onto management after 5 years in the industry. Just remember to communicate you have stronger math and analytical skills than a traditional business student because that is your trump card over your competition.

Make sure to bust your ass in your finance/accounting classes and if your track allows you to take stats courses. Your beginning salary will be lower but your salary ceiling will be much higher.
>>
>>1598604
True. I guess it's never too late.

>>1598619
Thanks man, I appreciate it. All my grades in engineering were like C's, but I took hard courses.
>>
Finance is never too late. In fact people like buffet et all did no really start until their mid 30's. focus on economics, human behavior and accounting.
>>
You're still young at 23-24. You can do it. I'm a complete loser who is only good with athletic and fitness related stuff. I went to community college and finished all my core units needed for a degree or transfer then dropped out for a couple years because I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do. I'm planning to go back now to pursue a degree in athletic training, but it feels bad that I waited so long. Degrees in athletic training are nonsense, but apparently most jobs related to that field require one.
>>
God, I hope not. I started off trying to do computer engineering and I couldn't do Physics or the into classes to Engineering, so I changed majors this semester to accounting. I'm 28 and will be 30/31 by the time I get my degree.
>>
>>1598623
Yea, engineering math >>>> business math. Drive that point home that you took harder classes. Even if they don't get figured into your new degree you still took them. It's a testament to your math and analytical skills.
>>
im shit at studying, its too boring

youtube adsense revenue or death
>>
>>1598596
>I dropped out with 3/4 of an engineering degree

More like

>I fucked up.

Finance is a useless degree.
>>
>>1598596
I started a CS degree at 23, in my sophomore year now and I seem to be doing fine.

Just go to class and do your homework. You'll be fine.
>>
>>1598596
3/4?? just cheat your way through the last quarter rather than start over, you're almost done
>>
>>1599355
Running a yt channel is too much work
>>
>>1598596
hahahaha
>I dropped out with 3/4 of an engineering degree because I hated it.
Nigger you are never going to amount to anything above average
>>
>>1599358
>Finance is a useless degree.

Don't listen to this NEET
>>
>>1598596
If you really completed 3/4 of an engineering degree, you should easily be able to take the necessary courses to earn a finance degree in about two years.

The classes necessary to get a finance degree are so much easier than the classes required to get an engineering degree.
>>
>>1599358
I'm doing undergrad commerce right now, then hope to do a masters of engineering afterwards. Commerce/finance on it's own is shitty early in your career. Hopefully my masters in computer engineering will enable me to earn 90k straight out of uni
>>
>>1599391
the final year of engineering usually has a major project component. It's a huge undertaking, and if you've been slacking off most of your degree, then you are royally fucked. If you grad from engineering with an average gpa, don't expect anything good to come from it for a while
>>
>>1603321

computer engineer here. hope you have some knowledge of computer engineering because you will be absolutely fucked going to a masters programme with no prior knowledge
>>
>>1598635
>Buffett didn't start until his mid 30s
kys
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.