[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would someone help me with this problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Too-damn-high.jpg (105KB, 380x454px) Image search: [Google]
Too-damn-high.jpg
105KB, 380x454px
I am doing a case study report for a class of mine, and I am having trouble figuring something out. Here is a summary:

A small company in Illinois has been bought out by a multi-national company headquartered in Great Britain. Before the buy-out, profits were robust, along with orders on the books, production levels and customer satisfaction. New employees have been hired at lower rates, replacing long time employees, who have been let go with little notice and small severance compensation. Positions are eliminated and their responsibilities have be consolidated into existing positions, increasing individual workload. Major purchases of new manufacturing equipment are made. At the end of the first year following the transfer, labor costs are down, orders are steady, but profits have dropped 12 percent.

What are some of the issues that are causing this drop in profit? I know that production levels would be an issue, or possibly over-worked employees, but other than that, I am stumped.

Pic not related
>>
>>1598217
lol get fucked this happened to the assholes that bought out my relative's business. they assumed they knew how to make it profitable and they didn't so now they're floundering and it's really shitty for the employees but they still paid the buyout which was like millions of dollars lmao
>>
>>1598242
Yeah, it's sad when the employees take a hit like that, when they are essentially what makes a company run properly. Do you know what kind of issues are hurting the profitability?
>>
>>1598217
that new equipment costs money.

also those green employees are probably screwing things up. Sometimes experience is worth the price.
>>
For sure, I definitely agree with the green employees part. I am having trouble finding solutions to a problem like this
>>
>>1598261
solutions as in how to return profitability?

if we agree that the equipment purchases and inexperienced labor are hurting profits then there's a number of options.

raise prices, cut costs somewhere else, rehire experienced people, move operations to china, grow, shrink, declare bankruptcy, sell to some sucker, close up shop. Those are just the standard actions. You could do weird stuff like importing labor or partnering with a local school to get students working for you. Maybe hire convicts on a work release program. Who knows?

personally I'd transfer all the equipment to a holding company and then rent it back from them while they declared bankruptcy and paid pennies on the dollar for it.
>>
>>1598325
Yes, this is exactly what I am needing. I am not experienced in any kind of business strategies, so the only solution I could think of was hiring experienced employees back.

Thank you for discussing this with me. I appreciate it.

is there a certain name or terminology used when dealing with your personal solution of transferring the equipment?
>>
>>1598352
no, there's no particular name for it. It's just bankruptcy. Perhaps fraud if you don't have a good team of lawyers.
>>
>>1598357
Hahaha for sure, it did sound a little bit on the fraud side of things.
>>
>>1598217
>>1598252
I'm with anon on this. Decreased productivity and new equipment.
Has marketing been affected by the buyout?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.