[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My portfolio currently consists solely of a 401k. I put in 2%

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: vanguard-windsor-ii_large.png (61KB, 580x282px) Image search: [Google]
vanguard-windsor-ii_large.png
61KB, 580x282px
My portfolio currently consists solely of a 401k. I put in 2% of my salary (company doesn't match).
What's the next thing I should be looking at to put my money in that I don't have to actively manage for growth, or at least protection against inflation? Vanguard mutual funds?
>>
>>1597176
set up a roth IRA and contribute the annual max ($5500), just pick out one of the target date funds with vanguard if you want, that should have you set for retirement savings

after that index whatever else you want to save for other major purchases like a house or a car or something
>>
>>1597176
If you don't get a match, Roth > 401K. Only fund the 401k if you max out the Roth.

>just pick out one of the target date funds with vanguard
This is very good advice.
>>
>>1597176
Gold denominated forex accounts that are divided up into 10 of the most reliable high-yielding signals.

They can make well over 50% a year so even if 3/10 go bust due to mis-management you'd still cut a profit.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Target date funds are actively managed which means they have higher fees. If you want to do just a little more work, you could probably retire with a bit more, particularly when you start investing beyond your Roth IRA (actively managed funds are tax-inefficient as well).

Here is a good conservative portfolio; you could spend less than an hour a year balancing it...
>>
Personal Capitol is an app that will also give you portfolio suggestions based on some very brief questions, again allowing you to avoid an actively managed fund. It links to your trading accounts and is actually fun to play with.
>>
File: IMG_1134.png (106KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1134.png
106KB, 640x1136px
>>1597262
Forgot picture
>>
>>1597257
>Target date funds are actively managed
Wrong.
>which means they have higher fees.
Wrong.
>recommending a 55% bond portfolio
I don't think OP is 74 years old.

Why would you even post? You obviously don't know a fucking thing...
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.