[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone help me? I work as a sales associate paid $8.50/hr.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: wmplayer_2016-10-29_01-04-54.jpg (202KB, 1763x889px) Image search: [Google]
wmplayer_2016-10-29_01-04-54.jpg
202KB, 1763x889px
Can someone help me?

I work as a sales associate paid $8.50/hr. In reality I am a forklift driver, data entry, salesman, sales associate, designer, and general laborer all at once. The effort involved for the work is not at all proportional to the pay.

>sent up 15 feet on ladder to uncouple extremely heavy sinks by hand
>yelled at for getting pen in my car
>nig nog co-workers bullying me, written up for talking shit back
>reprimanded for not suggesting the best brand
>customers treating like absolute trash
>female co-workers allowed to talk shit on me, written up for standing up to them
>customers keeping everyone past closing
>demoralizing countdown to closing
>yelled at to stop wasting company resources when I get cut from the constant labor
>told to lift 100+ lb doors with just one other guy
>interior and exterior loading areas not even up to OSHA standard, could fall and die any moment
>interior, upstairs loading area LITERALLY has huge holes in the floor that you could fall through at ANY moment and die
>could easily drop heavy as fuck furniture, cabinets, tubs, etc on customers from above which puts people in danger
>regular evidence that the company CEO is a cheap asshole
>forced to lift a bunch of 60+ lb cabinets onto a narrow scissor lift by myself in a time period of 1 hour and yelled at by manager and other co-working in dept.

It's only a matter of time before I get fired, even though I work my ass off there and never complain.
>>
if thats all true why the shit havent you quit yet?

mcdonalds pays around that much.

also if you cant lift a 100lbs door with another guy with little effort, that's pretty sad
>>
>>1596538
Jesus this is the biggest cuck shit I've ever heard. For 8.50 an hour you can just quit and go just about anywhere else.
>>
Document all of this. Sue and file OSHA and workplace safety complaints. Boom, no more working for $8.50 an hour.
>>
>>1596538
>HE CAN'T LIFT A 100 POUND DOOR ALONE
>>
>>1596767
>>1596538
FUCKING THIS OP JESUS CHRIST
buy one of those keyfob video recorders or record them on your phone. gather evidence. when it gets close to time for them to fire you, quit w/ 2 weeks notice and another job lined up and FUCK THEM SO HARD WITH OSHA OH MY GOD IT IS SO EASY
>>
>>1596782
OR FALL THROUGH ONE OF THESE HOLES IN THE FLOOR AND SUE THEM FOR ALL THEY ARE WORTH
>>
>>1596783
>>1596782
I'm usually MAD against ambulance chasers, but I used to work for shitty Home Depot and I can relate to you OP, minus the OSHA violations.

Fuck them. Sue their ass.
>>
>>1596538
welcome to the family!

you gave yourself a lot of fancy titles in the OP son,

but really your job title is simple:
errand boy

I can tell once you settle into the circumstances you will like the job just fine.

Maybe if you're good you'll get promoted to secretary in a few years!
>>
>>1596538
>could easily drop heavy as fuck furniture, cabinets, tubs, etc on customers from above which puts people in danger
Let it drop and seriously injury a customer, and than quit.
>>
>>1596538

I didn't even read your whole post. Just glanced at it.

$8.50 an hour!!!???

You might as well beg on the streets. Dude I do manual labor, tile and shit. Most everyone in the contracting biz starts at $12 - $15 hour.

Just ask around blue collar shit, factories, whatev. 8.50 is a fucking joke.
>>
>>1596538

>violates OSHA

>report to OSHA
>give boss and coworkers a smug look
>quit
>watch the magic

But I feel you man. My coworkers treat me like dogcrap and constantly take the piss out on me. I don't think $10 is worth an hour of what I do. Oh, and the "30 minute break and 2 15-min breaks" per 8 hours? ahahahahahahaah!!!!!! I'm lucky if I can grab a sip of water.

>>1596782

This. Record everything for a few days. Record the dangerous conditions. Call OSHA.

>>1596855
>Sue their ass.

You can't actually sue unless there was damage, such as an injury. You can't sue because there MIGHT have been an injury, Our justice system is retarded like that.

>>1596985

Kek.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.