[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

An advice for in-person interviews? No memes, please

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1477635511983.jpg (71KB, 620x445px) Image search: [Google]
1477635511983.jpg
71KB, 620x445px
An advice for in-person interviews?

No memes, please
>>
>>1594965
>have a resume
>don't say you play vidya as a hobby
>say you're a hard worker even if you are not
>dress well
>sit up straight
>firm handshake
>>
wear a suit - white shirt - ironed - plain dark tie
haircut - preferably short
take notes during the interview - makes you seem detail oriented / actually interested in their company
look at their company website / wikipedia
go over each job description point and make sure you can comment on it or know something on it, so you don't get stumped
Best thing you can say is that what sets you apart from your coworkers is you energy and positive attitude. Say you get ahead and are set apart by out-working everyone. This makes the CEO or HR manager confident that you will work to fit the position even if you are not the perfect fit at first. I just killed an interview recently by stating this (sys admin position)
>>
>>1594994
>take notes during the interview - makes you seem detail oriented / actually interested in their company

Don't do this.
>>
>>1595026
>Don't do this.

Why not?
>>
>>1595048
I could never imagine a 1 on 1 interview where the interviewee is taking notes. The amount of asskissing is so beyond the typical amount that you'd expect, even from an interview. It comes across as incredibly fake, and the only people that would be impressed by it are people you don't want to work for.
>>
Never, ever complain about anything. They will try to bait you into it, about your weaknesses, former jobs, or even the fucking weather outside. Don't do it. Every single answer you give them needs to be positive.
>>
>>1595075
>Every single answer you give them needs to be positive.

That's good to know.

But what should I say if they ask me if I have experience with a statistical software when I really don't? How should I be positive in answering that?
>>
>>1595103
"I'm willing and happy to learn. I always keep an open mind."
>>
>Got sick of no calls.
>Decide fuck it.
>Wore a T-shirt with a tie decal on it underneath a striped blue, short-sleeved polo.
>Dirty chucks.
>Tell her I don't plan on staying long.
>Joke around and be far too overconfident the whole time.
>Get the job.
My brother was dressed to the nines and looked leagues better on paper, too. His ass is still sore.
>>
Prepare an answer to the question
>What are you most proud of?
That is ofc related to your job e.g. personal projects.

This question ruined my interview, they caught me off guard
>>
If it's a tech industry job, don't wear a fucking suit.

It's the same effect as if you walked into a Goldman Sachs interview in a clown costume
>>
>>1596680
>What are you most proud of?

"Spamming waves hype on /biz/ endlessly, which contributed to a 50% price spike in waves."

t. every user of this board other than me
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.