[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who /underappreciated at work/ here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 0nnm.png (288KB, 633x366px) Image search: [Google]
0nnm.png
288KB, 633x366px
who /underappreciated at work/ here?
>>
I have a different situation. My boss praises me to heavens but pays me shit.
>>
>>1594904
Because he knows you'll keep putting up with it while you do excellent work for cheap. Don't sell yourself short. It's how I was stuck in a low-paying job where I exceeded expectations yet made less than my coworkers doing less of the same work.
>>
>>1594901
I "seemed" to be liked by everyone (not sure about the appreciated part). Well, except this one intelligent guy. He's friendly enough but since he's so smart, he thinks you're stupid. Can't fault him and yet it irritates when he looks down on you.
>>
>>1594904
Similar situation.

Shitty factory job. Used to be that my boss praised me all the time. Was even told I was being considered for an AutoCAD design position, and the company would pay for me to take classes for that. Would have been a salaried position in a comfy office.

Boss changed his mind and decided against it without telling me, now just wants me to take classes to learn more about operating the machine I already operate. So no comfy office job, just more dirty shitty hourly low-pay factory work.

Now I've stopped working hard. I do the bare minimum, text all the time during work hours, and call in sick or sometimes don't even bother to call in, just don't show up.

I also leave work early quite frequently to go to job interviews lol
>>
>>1594901
Been there, done that.

Actually, I have one job where people in worked with still want me back. But management is pretty stupid so that's never going to happen.

I just do the bare minimum at work now. It's less about being underappreciated and more about failure being tolerated. There's no reason to do better.
>>
>>1595153
Like right now. I was told to install a program I know nothing about on a server with no instructions. The activation codes sent to me don't work and the company won't support without a purchase order. It just goes in one ear and out the other. So I'm done. It's half installed and useless. I'm not a network admin so fuck off expecting me to do networking shit.
>>
>>1594901
>itt: entitled millenials
>>
>>1595195
lol I don't give a shit about being "entitled" or whatever. The way I see it, it's my time I'm spending and my labor I'm selling.

The "work hard so your boss thinks you're valuable" meme needs to die; it ends in deadend wagecuckery.

Better to just consider yourself a freelancer, jumping from job to job selling your labor as a product until you're able to be your own boss.
>>
>>1595272
this, I've worked hard in so many jobs that several of my employers have capped the hours I can work because I made so much off overtime.
>>
I work at a call center for a contractor that handles calls for a major cell phone company, and am just a number, no one gives a fuck about what I do, my bosses do the bare minimum and don't care either, if someone complains we give them credit till they fuck off or transfer them for some other department to deal with. It's an easy job but is either very dull or very stressful, and soul sucking at times, but they pay a good wage because there are so many call centers in the city they all compete with each other for employees
>>
File: 1393709980728.jpg (17KB, 400x449px) Image search: [Google]
1393709980728.jpg
17KB, 400x449px
>>1594901
>don't work too hard. nobody notices anyways.
>>
>>1595428

thats fucking awful
>>
>work quick
>get blamed for mistakes
>work carefully
>get blamed for low productivity
>work quickly and accurately
>get blamed for workspace being untidy

It got better when I realised that the manager was a cunt. Now I make sure I'm elsewhere for the 2 minutes a day he spends reminding people who is in charge
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.