[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Business Cards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Independent contractors/musicians/artsy types, what kind of business cards do you have? I'm a bassist looking to work on my personal presentation and advertising and I really need some business cards to help put the word out there. Just kinda looking for inspiration, as Googling hasn't really helped me as much as I would've liked it to.

Anyone care to post their cards or examples of what they think makes a good business card for some inspo?
>>
I don't think that it matters as much as having recorded examples of your playing on soundcloud or bandcamp and of course YouTube. Make sure you're searchable
>>
>>1594464
For sure, the card will have a link to my YouTube. I've also thought of making a SoundCloud just to post some studio recordings as examples of me recording for others.

I need to work on making myself searchable though. Should probably get a LinkedIn and begin associating my YouTube/social media with my real name to further my presentation.
>>
>>1594468
I'd consider something catchier than your real name assuming their are others with it. Something that sticks out of a search.
>>
>>1594473
My name will probably stick out enough. The only other musician that shows up with my name is an aging blues musician, so there shouldn't be any confusion. It's not a stage-sounding name I s'pose, and maybe I'll come up with one, but my real name should suffice, especially for doing the kind of studio work I'm aiming for.
>>
>>1594460

Having a well recorded soundcloud and bandcamp that shows off your chops is where I'd start. Even if it's unaccompanied, but stuff that just shows off the breadth of your technique and shows that you can groove.

I can't really see how a business card would help you as a bassplayer. Who are you intending to hand it to? That's the first thing you need to ask

I'd really think about who you're targeting this at: I mean if you're a metal bassplayer consider a totally different graphic design for a card to a Indie-Pop, or if you want to do scoring for TV commercials.
>>
>>1594532
>Who are you intending to hand it to?
Literally everyone I meet within the musical field. I play shows frequently and meet new people frequently as a result. People have asked for my card and I just don't have one right now.

I'm a session bassist, meaning I'll do anything that pays.

Realistically guys, I'm just looking for graphical ideas. I do appreciate all the other advice so far though, since it's certainly relevant.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.