[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys sell on eBay? How hard is it to get started?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1273.jpg (54KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1273.jpg
54KB, 500x367px
What do you guys sell on eBay? How hard is it to get started? Where do you get your product?
>>
File: dogeanza.jpg (43KB, 469x469px) Image search: [Google]
dogeanza.jpg
43KB, 469x469px
>>1594333

>2016
>Selling on feebay
>>
I can't believe people still think it's a good idea to sell shit on eBay. That's like 1999 Beanie Baby bullshit.

Fuck.
>>
>>1594335
Well then where?
>>
>>1594338

Websites, paypal via networking.

If you are just trying to sell shit laying around your house, use Craigslist
>>
>>1594340
I'm trying to buy shit and then sell shit for a profit. I'm trying to live the American dream.
>>
>>1594340
Also, eBay is a website buddy. What are you trying to pull?
>>
>>1594344

I meant your own website, sir. Not one where they take 10% of your revenue
>>
File: DSCN7401.jpg (4MB, 3070x3212px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN7401.jpg
4MB, 3070x3212px
>>1594346
>complaining about 10%
>when ebay can make you thousands with the right product

Its the cost of doing business. People from all over the world come to shop on ebay, I can reach customers anywhere and despite the annoying fees I couldn't get near the same prices locally
>>
>>1594375
This.
>>
>>1594375
What products mang? Any info for someone wanting to try out independence?
>>
>>1594333
Professional ebayer reporting in

I'm one of the few guys that responds in all the ebay threads with advice. I'm not going to sit here and tell you exactly what I'm selling (No one's going to.) but I can generally share my experiences:

I started off selling stuff I imported from china 5-7 years ago, but due to being new I didn't know how dangerous it was (fakes, bootlegs, scammers, etc). Had some problems and jumped ship before it sank.

My first niche was ecigs (imported from china) before they became popular. They sold out almost immidiately but ebay put new rules in place banning ecigs shortly after.

I abandoned that and began going for a new niche that I had a lot of knowledge in due to it being a personal hobby. I would gather used inventory from anywhere I could find it. Flea markets, thrift stores, garage sales, etc. I would make anywhere from 100-10000% profit, but it was a LOT of volume to move as each item only profited 2-5 bucks

Eventually I realized 50 items @ 2 profit is harder than 10 items @ 10 profit to deal with. I began paying attention to other things I come across often and eventually noticed profit margins in various other categories. I began buying into them and phasing out my old stuff until I was out of it completely.

Over time i've perfected finding inventory in bulk, discovered more ways to source the inventory, how to find more volume, etc.

At this point I've started working on importing new inventory again, as I want to grow my business money wise but not work wise. With new inventory I can buy 100x of an item, that will be less work than 100 individual items.

before you ask:
A. no I'm not going to tell you exactly what I sell, don't bother.
B. I recommend anyone who starts, start with what you know. Focus in on your specialty knowledge and interests. Everyone has things they're into and thus has a gifted knowledge others don't. Refine that knowledge, use it to discover profitable product, and run with it.
>>
>>1594333
it's really not hard to get started. you can either do some research and buy into some inventory, or just sell random shit around your house to gain experience first

A basic "serious" ebay setup includes:

-a scale that can measure in ounces. Food scales or postal scales work. I like postal cause the max weight is much higher.
-a printer. Lazer if you're serious about getting into this and will be at it, as it saves a TON in ink and effort in the long run
-printable shipping label stickers. I Buy them in bulk off ebay. Make sure when they arrive to test and see if they peel off packages easy. If so complain and get a refund and try again.
-shipping material. Start off with polymailer bags large enough to hold the majority of your items. I have various sizes, some lined with bubble wrap some not, etc. Also have boxes (try to avoid them unless necessary as they add significant weight aka more shipping)
-roll of bubblewrap. I buy in 500ft qty's. The amount needed depends on your inventory and volume. some might not need this at all.
-packaging tape - obvious reasons

none of its that expensive except the printer, but you can even find those cheaply on craigslist in working order. You can find drums/toner cartridges for most models under 10 bucks on ebay. The cost should be well under 100, and you really only need some shipping bags at first (will require going to the post office manually to pay for shipping then) and invest your profits to get the rest of your equipment.

the hardest part everyone has is the first step: "Stop asking questions and reading, and just dive in and do it." It's a scary first step, but once you've done a few sales you will quickly realize there's nothing special needed and it's not scary at all. A very comfortable and light process really. As you gain experience things will streamline and you'll figure out all the answers you need on your own quickly, easily, and naturally.
>>
>>1594626
how much you make annually if you want to give us a ballpark
also, I'm trying to flip something as a one time thing, it's a plush toy that was exclusive to a world championships to the most popular videogame. A friend and I got them early and vastly overpriced them on ebay to try to set the tone, but I think these are gonna be a hard sell because they're expensive (I paid $60 for them).
Idk, I just took a shot in the dark because limited quantities/hard to get, but these particular plushes arent very well known (giant version of mascot). Any thoughts/tips besides me sitting on them until they sell? I sorta wanted to start flipping limited edition merch from places
>>
>buy running shoes at thrift store for $10
>has small bidding war and sells for $36

feels good man, even if it's $26. I wish I could find more items regularly, but I only really know mens shoes and outdoor equipment.
>>
>>1594636
Online thing I would add is download your monthly reports from File Exchange. You can pull e-mails out and market better deals to past customers without eJew getting in the way.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.