[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marketing Major

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: kek.jpg (239KB, 1291x1600px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
239KB, 1291x1600px
What are your opinions on Marketing Majors /biz/? I plan on getting my B.B.A. in Marketing, and minoring in something such as Graphic Design, Computer Science, or Professional Sales. (Maybe Finance). Also general business degree thread I guess?
>>
Marketing is a total waste. A lot of it is social media now anyway which is something you can learn after a few tries.

Just go business administration with a minor in computer science, then you can work for a company that is in computers.

A business major can do marketing plus a dozen other things, but a marketing major can only do marketing. so.....
>>
>>1594251
Is this b8?
>>
>>1594291
No, I'm genuinely interested.

>>1594287
Is it really a waste? A marketing major is still a business major. Plus many advertising agencies prefer marketing majors.
>>
File: 1000 dollar plus industries.png (156KB, 782x762px) Image search: [Google]
1000 dollar plus industries.png
156KB, 782x762px
I didn't go to school for it but marketing is a lot more than "using social media for a few hours". Someone with few hours of social media knowledge is last person I would want to hire to manage a marketing campaign.

Every single business needs a good marketing person. It's not going to be automated by robots either. With marketing, it's easy as heck to start your own businesses if you wanted to.

I've been constantly learning all sorts of marketing for years. The knowledge never ends. Now I use my marketing skills to sell leads to other business owners. I figured why put in the effort to make my own product, when I can easily sell qualified leads to someone who already has a product out there. Target big businesses like pic related whose average invoice is over $1000. Market in their industry. Sell them leads for a big commission.
>>
>>1594303

Well you can form your own opinion, but I'm 30 have worked for a few large businesses and have performed multiple roles.

I think when it comes to the marketing position itself, there not gonna give many fucks that you have a marketing degree. They are gonna care more about your experience and ability to be the outgoing marketing personality.
>>
>>1594317
Yeah, for some reason a lot of people think that marketing is just running a twitter page. It's kind of a silly idea honestly. And thanks for the list! Should be really helpful!
>>
>>1594322
Experience is definitely the most important factor in ANY business position.
>>
>>1594339

Okay bro, get a marketing degree.

Good luck.
>>
>>1594317
>I didn't go to school for it but marketing is a lot more than "using social media for a few hours". Someone with few hours of social media knowledge is last person I would want to hire to manage a marketing campaign.
>Every single business needs a good marketing person.
This so hard.

>>1594251
You sound indecisive OP. The real question is what industry and position do you want to be in? I mean if you're not a decisive leader - avoid management focused courses. If you are a verbal thinker, maybe avoid Graphic Design.
Conversely if you are very creative and visual, don't do CS.
>But by the same token, if you have the determination - you could be really "creative" so you do CS to teach you to think logically, to think mathematically etc. etc. and turn a weakness into a strength

Having said that, I think there are few positions and industries in the world that don't benefit from you having a sound understanding of Finance.

Most important thing is know where you want to go.
>>
>>1594487
I'm not indecisive, but more or less just keeping my mind open for other possibilities. My main option honestly would be a Creative Manager at an Advertising Firm. Entry level position would pretty much be called "creator" and shit like that.

And would most likely minor in Graphic Design honestly. Mainly because it interests me, and would help me design items for marketing campaigns, and help me understand design software.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.