[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I recently came to the conclusion that I need a technical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (38KB, 576x430px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 576x430px
So I recently came to the conclusion that I need a technical co founder. I guess tech co founders would class me as an "ideas" guy, and I know tech guys usually like to work with or around other tech guys, but I know the bare minimum about software development and "coding" if you will. I know HTML and JS but that's about it, however I'm am eager to learn more and would actually enjoy immersing myself in my co founders world.
That being said, I can actually bring substance to the founder partnership because I own and have run businesses so I know how to market, pitch to investors, create revenue streams, handle accounting, business relations (with investors and employees mostly), and I know how scale a business up, I've also failed, and failing has taught me what others may not know about pure business. All that being said, the one thing I have trouble doing is finding a technical co founder, the last one I had ran out on me, before we even got started, so I scraped the idea and business plan and started fresh, 2 years of market research and I've finally landed on a couple of ideas that would actually be worth our time and effort, and of course, money. If you have email (or any other way I could contact you), and you're interested, please let me know.
Also AMA if you want to know more about me and what I can offer.
>>
Ideas are cheap and common.

Working products and the people that can create them are 1 in 1,000,000
>>
>>1594244
I see you got your own thread now. Anon who posted his mail adresse in the app thread reporting in.
If your offer is solid, I'm your guy.
>>
>>1594558
Ha yeah, I posted it on that thread first because I saw a few devs there.
>>
>>1594285
Most successful companies and people go through hell to get where they are. Backstabbing, etc. Your co founder might suck.

Nothing is ever going to be perfect. You either do it or you don't, and you just try to make conditions work to your favor in every way. Create your own luck. By changing the conditions of your existence and where you are, basically.
>>
>>1594285
Cheers Geoff
>>1594558
Anyway yeah, the offer is solid, I'll check back in the other thread for your email
>>
>>1594244

I had a giggle.

NETWORK
E
T
W
O
R
K

I don't mean 4 channel networking either. I mean actually go to shit to network. And be prepared to give your cofounder 50% of your share.

To do this properly you'll have to compartmentalise EVERYTHING properly. there'll be Engineering (your cofounder playing with toys) and then Sales/Marketing/Business Dev/Logistics/Legal/Pitching/employee retention/HR (excepting the engineering team members which will be your cofounder) will be all you.

After that get ready to wear some real handcuffs if you get seed funding, because your investors are going to see you as a flight risk until you're paying cheques.

What I'm saying is, nobody will want you in engineering, and you'll be too busy to do that anyway.

my bottom line is (as a technical guy who'd love to head an engineering department), if you can't network to find a cofounder, how can I expect you to network and find me investors to pay bills? R&D takes time and engineers cost money. You have to be able to put up before people will invest in you.
>>
OP from other thread here
pay Pajeets
>>
The big elephant in the room is why your first guy left. Answer this before trying to sell the opportunity
>>
>>1594850
I dont get it senpai
>>
>>1595368
He said the last tech founder 'ran out on him'. Why was that? This is a big red flag
>>
I'm not sure what kind of indepth background you're looking for but I'm always interested in taking meetings. Email me at [email protected]

I can at least point you in a direction if there's no interest at either end.
>>
What's so hard about paying a programmer to implement your idea? You don't need a cofounder, you just need someone to build what you think up.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.