[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you be successful in business if you're a terrible liar?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Gandhi.jpg (41KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Gandhi.jpg
41KB, 640x360px
Can you be successful in business if you're a terrible liar?
>>
>>1593706

Just be genuine

you can be genuinely misleading :)

I'm bad at lying on my feet too. But when I construct the whole narrative beforehand, I'm a very convincing liar.

I don't lie per se. I just use facts from the wrong universe, so to speak.

Maybe something like that works for you :)
>>
>>1593714
What if I'm not handsome and charismatic?
>>
>>1593719

charisma's a skill you can train

beauty's a matter of self cultivation
>>
>>1593719

Confidence is more important than how you look.
>>
>>1593752
Hour can I be confident if I can't lie to myself because I'm a terrible liar? It's a vicious cycle.
>>
>>1593757
>It's a vicious cycle.

No, you're just IQ<100.
>>
>>1593714
>NMS
>>
>>1593706
You'd be better off not lying at all.
>>
>>1593706
Shut the fuck up!

Wait, no I'm not trolling, it's genuine advice. If you suck at telling lies, just be the guy who keeps quiet: if you have Machiavellian ambitions it's great. You must forget the 1980's stereotype of the hyper masculine, loud corporate raider, the problem is that everyone can see and hear them coming a mile away. Better to be quiet, and a friend to all. Never give away anything.

People start to assume you're weak, you're not a threat... which makes you the most powerful, dangerous, strategically placed person in the room.
>>
>>1594501
>tfw anime is real
>>
>>1594529
Actually I was thinking more of Vladimir Putin's rise to power or that episode of Yes,Minister where Hacker becomes Prime Minister of the UK.

I have no idea what the fuck you mean about anime - is that a common trope in 'em?
>>
>>1594533
>silent guy is supa powerful

pretty common desu
>>
>>1594541
Oh okay, well then it's clear now that's not what I meant.

I meant it more in the sense of inconspicuousness affords you an advantage in the struggle for power, while the illusion of ineptitude compliments it.
>>
File: fedoracat.gif (2MB, 335x258px) Image search: [Google]
fedoracat.gif
2MB, 335x258px
>inconspicuousness affords you an advantage in the struggle for power, while the illusion of ineptitude compliments it
>>
you are all scumbags who deserve to die
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.