[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /biz/. Im deveoping a system for an big company that i want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

So /biz/.

Im deveoping a system for an big company that i want to sell the software after.

Im gettering a team of programmers to develop the code, i already have an investor.

The team consists at first:
Lead developer
2 other developer chosen by the senior
An UX analyst

And my question is, what are good strategies to motivate the team?

Im asking it because i am from the stock market, and the cold hard cash was always the first thing in the mind of people.

Talking to people on the tech market made me realize that there are more variables and things on the table when dealing with a startup than an investment bank.

i don't know if i need tho focus on stock option and more traditional things or focus in a trendy approach of creating an environment for parallel projects of the employees...

In resume: How wold you create a motivated team for a startup ?
>>
>>1592189
provide them food they like all the time. food caters to our primitive tribal instincts and makes us feel bonded together. we hunt together, we eat together.

incentivize with money.

take a day and go do something really cool together. figure out what they like and go do it with them. organize a whitewater rafting trip, rock climbing, anything that most of them like.

hire the right people. find people who are positive, perhaps idealistic, and looking to contribute to something meaningful.

there's so much more but that's enough for now.
>>
>>1592196
I am thinking about more subjective thing, about professional experience
>>
are you co-developing it, or are you paying people to develop and design it? i think non-technical founders will fail in 99% of cases, at least for tech as the core product. tech people also like to work for/with more technical founders.
>>
>>1592189

Money. Find a way to make your team members reap the rewards of what they build.
>>
>>1592962
I have some knowledge of coding but i am not anywere capable of doing it for these job, it requires "real" developers.

This is why i am searching for an strategy to make the team more comfortable with me and the investor, we came from the traditional financial market, but our relation with the company that is jumping in the idea is what drives real value.

If the software is implemented with success we can replicate in another market players that see our client as a benchmark.

Im acting like the translator of the client needs to ta programmers that will build the program. i am strongly inclined to make a good stock option offer.
>>
>>1592987
You're going to fail if you don't know what to do.

Professional experience serves nothing if you don't know how things work. Successful restaurants are run by highly skilled chefs, but the owners who manage it are either highly skilled chefs themselves or at least know the inner workings of the restaurant.

You can't build rapport if you're clueless. Don't start a tech company if you know jack shit. Do your homework and really know what you're going to do.
>>
>>1593016
"Do your homework"

So, are u saying that i should learn to code ate a professional level first? Its not an option, i already have the LOI and if i stop now other member of the board that i have over 10 years of relationship becaus of my work in investment banking will simply Ctr+V the project.

Why are u assuming that only trained programmers can make a tech company?

I have a good track record on the financial market, that is the reason that i got the board convinced that i will make the software
>>
>>1593027
>So, are u saying that i should learn to code ate a professional level first?

Preferably, but if not, at least know how the software development cycle works. Any tech company worth its salt should know about that.

With that, at least the lead dev would have a shred of respect towards you.

>Why are u assuming that only trained programmers can make a tech company?

What I was assuming was your cluelessness on the tech field. Good restaurateurs know how to run a restaurant. That's what you should aim to be.
>>
>>1593045

The lead dev will probably have a good chunk of shares.

"software development cycle" i will look forward to that
>>
>>1593071
bump
>>
>>1592944
learn to speak english in a way that you can articulate your point first. that will help the most.
>>
A lot of developers are lazy sacks of shit. You can pay them, you can moniter them, you can train them, but they will not give 100% (probably ever realistically) unless you motivate them.

At worst an employed developer will work just enough so he isn't fired, and cut enough corners to make you liable.

If you don't even know this much about the industry i advise you to stay out. There are too many tech companies propped up by trendy bullshit already; see where 3/4ths of them are in the next 5 years. You're not going to be any differnet.

Stay in an industry you know about or learn another one from the ground up. Just like everyone else who wants to be succesful has to do.
>>
>>1593071
You want to start and manage a software company, but don't even know how software is developed?

Holy shit OP, you gonna have a bad time...

>>1593278 and >>1593016 are right.
Software engineers aren't stupid. They probably could outsmart you (and maybe will try). If you can't motivate them to work on your project, you'll be fucked over.

Money is important, let them have shares of the company and its profit. The better they work, the more is on their paycheck.
Have a clear line and a good picture of the resulting software, before the first line of code is produced. No big changes in technology or development process afterwards.
The project needs to be interesting to the developers. They losing interest in it, is your worst case scenario.

There're tons of more stuff to concider. If you aren't aware of them from the start. You will most likely fail...

>source: M.Sc. in Comp. Sci.; 7 years expierience as Software engineer
>>
>>1592987
>Im acting like the translator of the client needs to ta programmers that will build the program.

please get developers who can translate client needs themselves and present yourself as their client

and bring your lead dev along to clients so you dont sell them shit thats impossible to build
>>
also, how are you going to get good developers? if you dont really know what to look for?

good devs tend to be motivated by quality in their work, in the dev cycle, architecture, code, everything, so you better get this set up right from the start
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.