[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disruption: Could you unseat Coke?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Coca_cola_logo-2.jpg (113KB, 1600x1114px) Image search: [Google]
Coca_cola_logo-2.jpg
113KB, 1600x1114px
Is it possible to push Coke off it's perch and become the new king of softdrinks? I was thinking about Clayton Christensen's theory of disruption and I realized that because Coca Cola are so hard to disrupt that's the principal reason Buffett has invested in them for years.

So how would you do it? Come on geniuses, you think all the wage slaves are wrong and you're smarter than everyone else: how would you create a startup that could unseat Coca Cola?

I mean I don't think you could: the product costs virtually nothing to make (another pro for Buffett), so it's near impossible to compete on price, they have ubiquity in both brand recognition and distribution network so they have a hardcore advantage.
The only thing I can think of is Sodastream, creating a product which circumnavigates Coca Cola's distribution network entirely -- but then, why isn't it the Coke Killer?
>>
>>1590802
a couple ideas that just jumped out at me.

1. Spread ridiculous amounts of misinformation about how coke has been proven to cause cancer because of some ingredient. Hundreds of blogs, thousands of facebook profiles, etc. all devoted to hurting the public opinion of coke.

2. Create a soft drink that is actually very good. This is not that difficult, the craft soda market is a booming industry.

3. Name it something hip and cool like 'Dank'.

4. Offer people money to switch. Let everyone know you want them to stop drinking coke and pepsi and will give them $100/year if they don't drink it. We'll figure out the enforcement and payment details later.

5. Get Taylor Swift and the like to advertise for new drink.

even with all this, which would most likely be a ridiculously expensive undertaking, you still might not be able to disrupt them. their death will be a slow and steady one.
>>
>>1590811
I think your misinformation campaign is the best part of your idea.
>Believable
>Attacks and undermines one of the three pillars of coke: brand recognition

However I think challenger product needs to be more innovative and also the distribution channel advantage of coke needs to be circumnavigated. The drink doesn't even need to be good, the whole New Coke kerfuffle showed us people don't care about taste.
>>
You need to buyout the franchises. They setup contracts with Coke and Coke is essentially the Mafia. They have bad service and force you to buy their freestyle machines as a rental. To win you need to have better prices and better CUSTOMER SERVICE.
>>
>>1590802
Been trying to figure this out for years
>>
>>1590802
Get some researcher to give the fake health problem allegation some credibility. Then lobby a government to subsidise your production costs.
>>
File: 1472353267004.jpg (64KB, 615x412px) Image search: [Google]
1472353267004.jpg
64KB, 615x412px
>>1590802
>have more money than cocacola.
start a drink company with all that money.

voila.

you are bigger than cocacola.
>>
>>1590864
Now that's an angle I didn't consider.

>>1590914
Where's the fun in that?
>>
File: its-free-realestate-o.gif (970KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
its-free-realestate-o.gif
970KB, 320x240px
>>1590918
wheres the fun in stubbing out billions of dollars in share holder value you and probably doubling or even tripling your companies value at ipo simply based on hype, then turning around and selling 75% of that company at 300% roi and turning around and doing it all over again in a new sector?
>>
>>1590802
You can't

>>1590811
All that stuff will make it popular for a while and then it will die. You will eventually sell your brand to cola again

The only way to bring coke down is to have coke change its recipe to a shitty one like in the 80's, but then pepsi will sell, it's a cycle
>>
Crystal Clear Coke

don't steal my idea faggots
>>
>>1590802
it's a whole lot easier and a shitton cheaper to make a better alt for facebook then it is to compete with coca cola, facebook is virtual, coca cola is real.
>>
>>1591193
They did that years ago with Tab Clear.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.