[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marijuana Greenhouse Operation Costs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Hello /biz/ I am currently the Human Resource manager for the largest medical marijuana grower in Southern California, we are fairly new and expanding quickly. I have been tasked with finding information on the costs of operations for other large marijuana cultivation greenhouses. I am looking to compare thier expenses to ours, I have to present this information to potential investors and I want to gauge a cost comparison between my company and others. I am looking for public information such as Material cost, Labor cost, Transportation cost, Distribution cost, Utility costs, Space cost, and any other Misc costs.
I have been doing some research myself but I have not been able to come across any good detailed information.
>>
do you happen to be hiring by any chance? I am also located in socal and I know how to grow.
>>
>>1590267
Not at the moment.
>>
>>1590265
If they are traded on the stock market there should be plenty of info in their annual reports.

If they are privately owned then info will be harder to find. Plus these are cash businesses so there is less of a paper trail and accounts may not be accurate.

I'm not sure what the tax laws are in cali but there may be some publicly available records on the state tax website.

Otherwise you could try discreetly getting info from their suppliers/customers but your competitors
will be pissed when they find out.

There are private "business intelligence" companies that do this stuff and firms like dun & bradstreet but obviously that won't come free.

Basically this stuff is company confidential information that your competitors should take measures to protect, it's not an easy task.
>>
>>1590282
Yes, I have been trying to locate out of state Greenhouse operations that trade stock to get a hold of their annual expense reports but no luck yet. We are one of the first legal growers in the area so we don't have much competition and we aren't looking to compete we own our own dispensaries. It's not imperative that I get this information. We definitely don't need private investigating but it would be nice to be able to compare our operations to already successful ones in order to show our investors we are within the same ball park finance wise. I appreciate your response!
>>
>>1590273
My buddy is working on a big farm up in humboldt that he says is part of the largest legal farm in the state. And he says they're shipping all the goods down to local to be processed. Is he working for you guys?
>>
File: 1474555972744.gif (140KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
1474555972744.gif
140KB, 379x440px
>>1590267
>hiring people off of 4chan
>>
>>1590265

lol good luck.

If I'm reading this correctly, your managers have asked you to determine how other growers are doing by knowing what their expenses and profits are.

good luck getting that information!
>>
>>1590310
PSSSTTTT we do need people but don't tell him that.
>>
>>1590314
Nothing that couldn't be found in an annual report! But thanks!
>>
>>1590304
No we do everything in house.
>>
>>1590265
>Human Resource manager
>tasked with finding information on the costs of operations

no you weren't
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.