[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Portland, Oregan ordinance considering penalizing overpaid CEOs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: profit.jpg (240KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
profit.jpg
240KB, 1600x900px
https://web.archive.org/web/20161026042133/http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/portland-could-be-the-first-city-to-tackle-outrageous-ceo-pay/ar-AAjo6BZ

At least it isn't Seattle.
>>
I'm sure all the CEOs will stay in Portland and not move somewhere else though, preventing them from getting ANY tax dollars at all!
>>
>>1587562
I was wondering how long it was going to be before someone didn't read the article. You don't have to be headquartered, or live in Portland for this to effect you.
>>
>>1587566

I'll gladly admit I didn't read the whole article, and I'm not actually American so can someone explain to me: if you don't live or do business in Portland, how can Portland's municipality tax you? Since it says they are fining people via higher taxes.
>>
>>1587566
There's no way any tech companies would move out--their public image makes up the entire company, but it would definitely be interesting to see who, if anyone, decides to move.
>>
>>1587558
The article says the extra tax revenue will go to programs to help the homeless, so they are making it look like a Robin Hood kind of a thing - take from these wealthy companies and give it to the poor. But it is not simply taking money out of the CEO's pocket and giving it to the homeless. All shareholders will suffer if profits are lower. Many of the shareholders are the middle class who hold large company stocks in their 401k and pension plans.

>>1587576
It will only affect companies that do business in Portland. Even if they are not based there, they have to pay certain business taxes for the business that they do within the city.
>>
north west fag here...

Interesting thing is Oregon has one of the highest income taxes, washington has 0 income taxes.

Portland has 0 sales tax, washington has high sales tax.

The washington city of Vancouver is on opposite side of the portland river, and you get the benefits of living in the city lots of strip clubs, hookers, and cheap drugs, while living in the rich suburb not paying taxes.

Only catch is, if your receiving income from a oregon based business or income, you pay oregon state income tax on it (i think NH and boston do this too).
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.