[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Two questions: Has anyone ever tried to set up a longer term

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (1MB, 988x573px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 988x573px
Two questions:

Has anyone ever tried to set up a longer term exit plan with their employer, like "I won't quit until you've hired my replacement?" How did that go? Did it build resentment?

Second, how does one go about getting a contracted job? I'd love to work for a company where I have a definitive end date and the freedom to search for my "dream job" without feeling this trapped.

I guess I'm basically looking for temp work, but in a white collar environment that still pays well.
>>
>>1586302
It's a stupid idea that will more than likely get you immediately booted. 2 weeks is fine. If an employer feels like you're going trying to leave you won't get an opportunity to wait for a replacement. It's better for them to find someone immediately, and it's better for you to be out.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1477409406218.jpg (62KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1477409406218.jpg
62KB, 720x960px
>>1586302
I would work my last month for free but they have 10 people wanting my job at all times. I just load trucks. A retarded monkey could do my job. No resentment. Unless they wont sell me my loader i run. I love that bitch. When i quit i am buying it and taking us all to a knockoff dave and busters and retireing.

Actually may wind up oartnering with my bosses so i can start a quarry or hook them up with geologists and test plots. Even if u lose money these guys have taken care of me like no employer i have had. They good people and i want them to make a fuckload of money while i retire and keep my sanity as early as i can.
>>
>>1586302
>Has anyone ever tried to set up a longer term exit plan with their employer, like "I won't quit until you've hired my replacement?" How did that go? Did it build resentment?
Expect your employer to start looking for a replacement immediately following that meeting.

>Second, how does one go about getting a contracted job?
Start calling temp agencies and recruiters. I actually did this for a little while, it was pretty cool. It's a lot less stressful, kind of cool walking into an office knowing you will be gone in a month.
>>
What you're looking for is federal employment.
>>
>>1586302
I worked in a commune, I gave 2 months notice of my leaving date. There was seething resentment the whole time and passive aggressive comments over meals. There was issues with being paid and all perks were stripped away. 0/10 would not recommend.
>>
When I was a truck driver before buying my own and becoming an owner/operator, I told the company ahead of time that my plan was to become O/O and they supported me. They even let me stop while out on the road to look at trucks for sale. Once I bought a truck I told them I would probably be leaving within the next 6 months and they encouraged me. My Fleet Manager even showed me balance sheets and stuff on maintenance schedules and the costs, how to properly call and talk to brokers, etc. I'm still friends with many people at the company. I was a model employee there. 2 years and 7 months without a safety violation or late delivery. In my 2nd year, I was #4 out of the ~600 trucks they have in mileage.
>>
>>1586573

I'm fine with them immediately looking for a replacement. The thing is, they're trying to give me a crucial part of the business that I don't want. They're literally changing my job title without my consent or interest.

However, my boss and her boss are people I consider friends and awesome people. Giving a straight up two weeks' notice would spiral them into a panic, because they really trust me with a major role. I don't want them to resent me in the future in case we cross paths again.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.