[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Being an Uber Driver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: ubers.jpg (59KB, 2625x2625px) Image search: [Google]
ubers.jpg
59KB, 2625x2625px
Is driving for Uber a meme? Does it pay well? How easy is it for a college student with a drivers license and a clean record to get a job with them?

I'm interested in making some money on the side and I'd rather not work in some shitty service job.
>>
>>1586033
It is easy to get in. Depending on area where you are located, the car has to be newer. In San Francisco, part time Ubering after work brings in about $17 an hour after uber takes a cut. Now subtract taxes, gas + wear and tear.

Right now I only uber as destination where I am going, that works out better.
>>
>>1586033
If you have nothing else going on, you can make some extra money on the side.
>>
>>1586033
>Does it pay well?
no

>How easy is it for a college student with a drivers license and a clean record to get a job with them?
easy

>I'd rather not work in some shitty service job
what do you think driving people around for money is?
>>
>>1586111
I meant something in food service. Better to drive around a bunch of yuppies and hipsters than work with dindus to serve the lowest common denominator
>>
>>1586033

I regularly use uber. I can't imagine me paying 15 bucks to get driven half way around the city will afford the driver any sort of luxury.

maybe if you stick to surges and only pick routes from surge to surge. I can't imagine anything else breaking you even.
>>
>>1586216
What if a pack of dindus want a ride in your vehicle
>>
>commercial vehicle insurance
If you have a commercial vehicle, you need commercial vehicle insurance, and it is really fucking expensive. Most Uber drivers don't do this and they're breaking the law.
>>
>>1586274
Came here to post this. I'm buying a limo and have to dot tag it unless there is a limo loophole. Never seen one properly marked. Will have to ask the fucking egregious faggots that are thd DOT
>>
File: uber.png (8KB, 348x348px) Image search: [Google]
uber.png
8KB, 348x348px
>>1586033
If you are planning on Signing up anyway
Put this code in the optional invite code section it will make you $50 just for signing up and doing 20 rides plus whatever you make off those rides

Optional invite code : SH3J3
>>
File: 1475096605746.jpg (89KB, 736x414px) Image search: [Google]
1475096605746.jpg
89KB, 736x414px
>>1586236
I use uber and have a lot of dindus that are drivers. It's really awkward.
>>
I just posted a $12/hr office job 3 hours ago on craigslist, and I've gotten 30 resumes in my inbox.

Man, the economy is fucked.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>1587548

Bruhv, would you be willing to hire a very hard/reliable, but socially awkward autist college cuck (biochem major).

O-once I acclimate to your company culture/people, we can have a grand ol time.

I'm the right sperg for the job. Thrust me.
>>
Uber basically lets you turn the value of your car into cash at a loss to you and a profit for UBER.
>>
>>1587578
I still haven't figured this shit out.
Isn't part of what you're paying for with a cab the driver's experience? They also have to get a separate license, as well as getting tested periodically.
Uber requires three years driving experience, meaning your driver could be 19. Is this risk really worth the (sometimes) discounted fares?
>>
>>1586033
I've driven for uber and it's only worth it if you do it correctly and that will net you around thirty an hour.
>only drive on busy nights; friday/saturday bar crowd and saturday early evening dinner crowd
>don't ever chase the surge; it's not worth it
>don't pick up anyone more than five minutes away; it's not worth the drive
>don't pick up people from hotels; they go to far away places and then you have to drive back home
>don't wait more than five minutes for a passenger; if they aren't ready mark them as a no show, collect the 3.75 base fee and wait for them to re-request.
>also don't mark them as a no show before five minutes is up; you won't get paid.
>be friendly, funny, and good at talking; i've driven so many times that I can identify the sound of people pulling money out to tip me. I once got 20 on a 5 dollar ride.
>don't fuck your drunk lady passengers. If you're friendly, funny, and good at talking, drunk women will through themselves at you. It's not worth the possible legal consequences.
>offer some bullshit treats. I have two chargers in my backseat. Don't buy anything extra just use what you have.
>drive the speed limit. The fare by me is .85 a mile and .16 a minute. Driving faster only works if there is another guaranteed fare at the end.
>use the destination feature. I work in a resort town and set my destination for my hometown. Basically I get paid twenty bucks to drive home after work
>most people are normal nice people; others are cunts.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.