[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are we living through the worst economy since WW2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: original.jpg (139KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
139KB, 960x540px
Are we living through the worst economy since WW2?
>>
In the US?

Not really. Isn't the market at an all time high?

5% unemployment?

Dollar breaking low volatility records?
>>
>>1585672
nerd virgin
>>
>>1585669
Its not a depression, its not a golden age its Obama: The President of Meh

I think its just a case by case basis, if your job is in demand and high skilled you are rich af

Most jobs are McDonalds now tho tbqh friends
>>
Not really.

The average person is always going to poor as fuck with little opportunity.
>>
>>1585669
>>1585669
Probably. Our economy could have been much better after the recession hit.
>>
>>1585672
unemployment figures are manipulated heavily.
>>
File: abor force.jpg (78KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
abor force.jpg
78KB, 960x720px
>>1585856
Unemployment isn't manipulated, it's just different than labor force participation rate. That being said, the "seasonal adjustment" this year was much larger than it normally is, but even before- it was in my macro textbook by Greg Mankiw- the labor force participation rate is a more reliable indicator. There's not a conspiracy, just varying stats.

obama doesn't like to talk about it much because, well, pic related
>>
>>1585878
That's not helped by all the retiring going on right now.
>>
Is your income tax over 95%?
80%?
70%?

Yeah, I didn't think so...
>>
>>1585940
The decline in the labor force participation rate exceeds the amount of people retiring. Even the normies at CNN know this.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/02/06/news/economy/obama-us-jobs/

The first is that a huge part of the adult population, Baby Boomers, are retiring. That's expected and healthy. It explains about half of the decline in the workforce.

The second is more young people are going to college and graduate school. They are studying more, which should be a positive for the nation.

But the third one is alarming: some people have just given up on finding work. It's hard to quantify how many people fall into this dropout category, but it's large enough to matter. Politicians like Trump talk about it in stump speeches.
The Wall Street Journal estimates that about 2.6 million of the roughly 92 million American adults who don't work want a job but aren't looking for one.
>>
>>1586021

I'm one of them.

Why the fuck is the stock market trading sideways this badly? Every stock I look at is downtrending terribly. Answers?
>>
>>1587651

The economy is in a bad shape by almost every parameter in existence.

The real unemployment rate is around 7,5%, inflation and growth low. Despite historically low interest rates.
>>
>>1586021

muh neetbux

muh EBT
>>
>>1587871
Money just isn't moving. The Fed prints straight into bankster pockets. And then we all get to suffer inflation as if we saw a dime of it.
>>
>>1585878
what about the full- and part- time jobs? Have any graphs detailing them post 2007?

I think there are quite more people on part time jobs than pre '07, and people working multiple jobs to support their falling standard.
>>
>>1588835

Thanks to obamacare, full time is considered 28 hours. 2 jobs is now a requirement.
>>
THIS IS OUR LAST CHANCE

STAND UP

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKGjczYz1bg [Embed]

WAKE UP EVERYONE YOU CAN

VIRAL

SPREAD

MIRROR

LESS THAN TWO WEEKS LEFT
>>
>>1585669
Are you retarded?
>>
>>1585878
You can't use that statistic. Once you factor out the elderly and college students you pretty much get the unemployment amount.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.