[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you all get motivated to perform well at work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: 1256330916064.png (652KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1256330916064.png
652KB, 1600x900px
how do you all get motivated to perform well at work?
>>
holy fuk OP your pic has been my icon on a certain site for like 8 years, and I've been trying to find the blown up version instead of like a tiny pixelated icon for years
>>
>>1585158
They pay me, what kind of dumb question is this?
>>
The knowledge that my business plan if I pull it off will net me a cool half a million a year doesn't hurt but honestly mostly the sense of achievment I feel afterwards.
>>
File: beast.png (867KB, 899x597px) Image search: [Google]
beast.png
867KB, 899x597px
>>1585158
reminding myself that my family/future family is the most important priority in my life and I need to provide as much as possible to protect my mate and our babies. did you not have a father growing up? this is pretty basic shit you should already know. literally every male animal has this intuition embedded into their DNA through millions of years of evolution.

...like dogs know this shit OP...
>>
>>1585189
>did you not have a father growing up?

he's dead you asshole
>>
>>1585158
>well at work

lol thats where your wrong kiddo

i do the bare minimum work required of me but just enough to where it they wouldnt question if they need me

one guy i knew had a heart attack cause he was busting his balls to help the company save a dime. I aint dying for no fucking company.
>>
>>1585262
Pretty much this, cept in an office setting. Plan on using the paychecks to fund my future business
>>
>>1585158

Work was intolerable.........until I started taking a Norco every morning at the beginning of my work day. Now I'm high as fuck all morning every day at work. Feels good man.
>>
>>1585189

>Has kids
>Has to work for a living

The fuck are you thinking mate?
>>
>>1585291
>t. future junkie
>>
File: 1471022028517.png (179KB, 454x270px) Image search: [Google]
1471022028517.png
179KB, 454x270px
>>1585158
cocaine
>>
>>1585158

It's a lifetime struggle.

Working for yourself lessens that struggle.

And that's all I have to say on the matter.
>>
Oh you know I don't want to fucking starve to death
>>
>>1585158
M O N E Y
O
N
E
Y

I do big nigga shit I get big nigga money.
>>
File: download.jpg (77KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
77KB, 650x650px
>>1585158
I smoke bud and listen to music

I'm a programmer and this get me in the zone
>>
>>1585158
I am not motivated OP. It is intolerable, but is the best I can get - low tier bureaucrat in a shitty big corp. Also, eastern Europe.

Conscience moves me as much as to not get fired. Incompetence and red tape is everywhere.
>>
>>1585323
>typing out 'that's all I have to say on the matter'
vs.
>ending the post without typing that out and not saying anything further
what did he mean by desu senpai this
>>
File: cuck.png (219KB, 458x458px) Image search: [Google]
cuck.png
219KB, 458x458px
>>1585158
This guy.
>>
I don't.

I do the bare minimum that i can get away with
>>
I don't, motivation is fleeting bullshit. I'm disciplined.
>>
>>1586853
>>
>>1585166
Which site
>>
File: sexy-geologists_o_543153.jpg (109KB, 630x579px) Image search: [Google]
sexy-geologists_o_543153.jpg
109KB, 630x579px
Working on motivation desu. I've been on the same project for two years now so it's hard to keep caring.

Get off reddit and imgur, first. They kill any sense of satisfaction from completing a task. They make you stupid too.

Look for the cues that make you fuck off - get a dumb phone and put your laptop on airplane mode to stop emails distracting you etc.

Meditate once a day and practice mindfulness to boost your willpower (loads of info on thepiratebay). Don't eat at your computer, or with your phone out. Buy the newspaper every day instead, it really helps focus and you look smart

Breakup tasks and reward yourself properly for them (not with "5 minutes reddit or vidya or whatever - something constructive)

Get ACTIVE. your brain and your body needs exercise. Your ancestors walked everywhere or hunted or whatever so get at least an hour of vigorous exercise. Easy peasy.

Ultimately, if you can switch your brain from reddit and other fuck off sites, you'll do ok

Also EAT WELL and PREPARE YOUR OWN LUNCH
>>
I have motivation somedays.

Others absolutely none.

Not really sure why.
>>
stock options at a small company
>>
>>1585158
Speed and opiates, particularly Oxy. Speed makes me feel like a fucking god, and want to push myself to work my ass off.

Opiates just make me not give a fuck. With enough of an opiate buzz going I'd just as soon be at work as anywhere else.

Combined, I feel fucking amazing, and can get shit done.
>>
>>1585158
If money is involved I get motivated. If i know that saving a ton of cash for my boss is gonna get me a bonus - I work. If I know that I client I lure in will earn me a bonus or a percentage of the profit - I work. Other than that i do as little as I can, throw around excuses for why I don't do my job and sit all day trying to figure out a career path that would actually interest me. I also spend a lot of time contemplating suicide
>>
>>1586919
This. If you have to feel like doing something to get it done, the world would come to a stand still. Motivation comes from the feeling of having done something which comes from having the discipline to actually do it.
>>
>>1585189
>Applying the human condition to animals
Fucking hell.
>Getting it completely wrong
"The man works himself into the grave to provide" bullshit is old hat. I feel sorry for any fool who falls for that family man shit when he has jack and shit, because they inevitably end up stuck in some shit job for the rest of their life.
If a man insist on marriage with children then his main goal before that should be to build wealth, status, et cetera. Achieve some shit in your life before ever making that life choice. You should reach a point where you can provided for a family financially before having one and not after. That's what women do. Their clocks tick and they just go and get hitched and preggers. The bitch about how hard life is. A lot of guys have this embedded in their minds via moms or weak men who don't know any better.
And no all male animals do not have intuitive instinct to provide or protect their young. You posted a polar bear mom. I know this because male polar bears do not raise off spring, they shoot their seed into a female, then fuck off.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.