[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leverage as an individual investor.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1775.png (17KB, 399x247px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1775.png
17KB, 399x247px
Have found something that is currently improperly valued, which I want to short.

I need capital. I have good credit, but as an individual I can only borrow so much.

How can I, as a lone investor, get capital for a situation like this?

Pic unrelated
>>
File: IMG_2035.jpg (381KB, 1162x850px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2035.jpg
381KB, 1162x850px
I completely own a small company. Is it legal to take a loan for the company, and invest it as the company?
>>
perhaps p2p lending
>>
you don't unless you want to get ass fucked
>>
>>1583775
>>1583773

you will get ass fucked

unlike a buy, you can't hold out on a short indefinitely.
>>
>>1583773
are you the very left dot on the graph?
>>
Is vidya stock trading an accurate simulation of real stocks/indices trading ?

Like, playing in big sums to not get raped by the commissions, sniffing the trends and acting accordingly, diversifying to not get fucked in case of crash and/or to be able to hold in hope in build back up since individual units of the spread are a small percentage of total investment, etc...

Aside from the available time skip to move things along quicker, is it accurate simulation ?
I have always been intimidated because even though the vidya is fun and easy, it implanted a strong belief that it can't be this easy.

Is it that easy ?
>>
>>1583773
If you have to ask this very basic question you probably shouldn't be shorting with money you don't own.

TLDR;
>>1583898
>you will get ass fucked
>>
>>1586502
Yes. Absolutely short Apple before you decide to blow up a phone on stage.
>>
>>1583773
Why do you suspect it will suddenly drop in value?

Lots of shit is overvalued. Lots of it stays overvalued for a long time as well.
>>
>>1586502
Yes and no.
Some of it is realistic, while other parts are not so much. For one, take how the "orders" are filled. They're not real, so how is this computed? The brokerage isn't going to send fake orders, so this aspect is constructed. Also take into account the psychological side of it. You'll almost certainly make different trades than you would in a real situation, if for no other reason than that you know subconsciously that it's not real money.
>>
>>1587673
What do you mean by fake orders ?
I was under the impression that orders took two forms : immediate sell/buy at current market prices, and "buy/sell X amount when/if price reach Y price".
Is that not how it works ?
>>
If it's a stock, then you can just buy put options. Not sure why nobody has mentioned this yet

Put option gives you an option to PUT the share on the market at a specified price. REAL Example:

https://www.cboe.com/delayedquote/simplequote.aspx?ticker=CMG1628V402.5-E

Chipotle Put options that expire in 2 days are priced around 14 bucks, with a strike/exercise price of $402. You're essentially shorting a Chipotle Stock (currently worth roughly $395) for $14. Thus, the stock has to drop to below 402-14 = $388 in 2 days for you to make money.

You're pretty much levered 28x up. To trade one CMG share would typically require $395 but you're doing it for $14. Now, if you trade on a 1:1 basis of shares, your risk profile hardly changes, but if you trade on a 1:1 basis on dollars, you're 28x more risky.

i.e. If you're right, you're right on 395/14 = 28 shares, but if you're wrong, your put options are worthless and you lose all your money
>>
>>1587721
>What do you mean by fake orders
He's talking about simulated trading, so there are no actual orders sent. That's just one way simulations aren't identical to real trading.
>>
File: foul murder.jpg (160KB, 640x857px) Image search: [Google]
foul murder.jpg
160KB, 640x857px
>>1588029
Well yes, but aside from that, both the commission and instantaneous aspects are correct yes ?
I mean, these days it's all software so it should be instantaneous, right ?

Anyway, i guess the only way to see for myself is just doing it.
Uh, there's no way to lose all your money right, even if the value plummet and lose like i dunno, 40%, you're still left with 60% ( minus buy/sell commissions ) of your original investment ?
Asking both for buy and short positions.
>>
>>1583773
Find rich friends. Tell them. Tell them u will do all the work. U will split the profits. But since u doing the work they taking a risk and is not a loan.

I.e. hey brow put 1 mill here. If there is profit we split 50/50. If there is loss, sorry u lost. We can try again if u want.

If they get pissy or say no go to another.

This what i do.

50% is fair since you found the investment and did all the work. That is your half and your time wasted being the risk along with it being 0 profit. Their risk is playing golf and getting a phone call. A yes or now and some finincial risk.

Continue.
>>
>>1588249
>both the commission and instantaneous aspects are correct yes ?
The commission aspect's accuracy would be dependent on the rate you're able to negotiate, which can vary wildly based on your (real) capital.

>it's all software so it should be instantaneous, right ?
Except it isn't. Fill times can vary as well, depending on the quality of your broker. Not sure how fake fill times compare to that, but it won't match up exactly.

>there's no way to lose all your money right
Yes, you can. For longs, your position would have to go to zero. For shorts, you could even lose more than that, and end up owing your broker.
>>
>>1588249
Don't short if you don't know what the fuck you're doing. Go long
>>
>>1588314
Thanks for the answers.
That's a lot less worse than when i first imagined it, so i'll just plunge head first into it.

Here comes the next trillionaire !
>>
>>1588338
>Thanks
>i'll just plunge head first into it
No, thank you.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.