[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WEBSITE AND EMAIL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2227.gif (256KB, 500x474px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2227.gif
256KB, 500x474px
Hi, I'm looking to make a website for my company but there's so many options for servers and etc I want to know which is the best/ what do you recommend.

I'm looking for a straight forward website creater (minimal coding) and an email server.
>>
>>1582173
Setup a wordpress, then buy a domain and point the domain to the wordpress. That's the simplest option.
>>
>>1582173

I have 2 websites, one is for my business and my other is for personal work (though I get business through both of them).

I use Squarespace for my business website, though I purchased the domain for a much lower price at godaddy..

I used to use Squarespace for my personal website but I decided I wanted t try something lower cost with some more basic/modern templates, I am now using Format and also find it very good.

Squarspace is by far the best option fr building a business website (IMO) it gives you everything you need, templates are great with a huge amount of flexibility and custmizability, cusmer service is really good (though I find Format just as good, maybe even better). Blog content and ecommerce is all built in, you can track analytics, customise SEO and a whole bunch f other shit.

No coding required at all, unless you want to stray from the templates (though again, the templates are very customizable with no effort required).

The downsides are the cost, though its worth it for my business.. I will add that I find the SEO from Squarespace to be excellent, but my sites content is created to make my site an SEO monster anyway, plus I get alot of traffic.

Format is also good, though my personal site is A LOT more basic, I would be more comfortable making a business site with Squarespace. The templates are customizable but are not as flexible as SS, and the features arent as polished (like having t check your analytics with google as opposed to having it all built in).

For a business I would honestly recommend Squarespace, from what I understand a few other /p/hriends also use the service and recommend it though you will pretty much only find positive reviews online anyway. If its for a business you should be able to afford the cost.
>>
>>1582173
If you want to avoid the cookie cutter look and feel, get a freelancer to build you a site from scratch.

As an example- If your site is mainly informational I would charge an estimated $1500 for completion within one month. Ongoing costs would start at $20/mo for a very low traffic site and scale up as you do.
>>
A dedicated server or VPS with a provider with a reputable name fitting your budget located as close to your customer base as possible. (if you're in the USA you don't want a server in Europe, for example. If you serve globally, Netherlands is probably best)
>>
File: 1476128584178.png (352KB, 1386x792px) Image search: [Google]
1476128584178.png
352KB, 1386x792px
Best for a UK website?

I'm considering;
>123-reg
>uk2.net
>easyspace
>godaddy

pls halp
>>
>>1582812
Brit here. Don't go for a country-specific registrar. Preferably don't go for a country-specific host, either... you should be using a CDN anyway. Whatever you do, don't get your domain and hosting from the same company no matter how good a discount they offer.

I personally buy all my domains from NameCheap and point them to DigitalOcean instances. Unmanaged VPSs like DO do require you to learn a few basic things about system administration, though.
>>
File: 1470364429174.jpg (82KB, 1200x1496px) Image search: [Google]
1470364429174.jpg
82KB, 1200x1496px
>>1582854
>Whatever you do, don't get your domain and hosting from the same company no matter how good a discount they offer.

Why not?
Pls halp this non-techie retard.

I make a simple product, and I plan to make most of the sales through Ebay, Amazon and maybe Etsy. I just need a simple website ending in ___.co.uk, mainly to assure any sceptics that it's not a scam. I don't anticipate many hits, especially not to begin with. I hope to start by selling roughly 20 units per day through the aforementioned sites within a couple of months.

I'd have no idea how to set up and maintain my own server/VPS. Are those ^^ combined registrar+host providers not even good enough for simple small businesses/stole traders?
>>
>>1582672
Faggot
>>
>>1582882
>Why not?
The main reason is so that you're not fucked if the hosting company screws you over, locks your account, etc. If that happens and your domain is handled elsewhere, you can quickly point it to different hosting. Hosting companies who also offer domain registration often make it slow and difficult to transfer domains away from them.

If you aren't interested in managing the server then yes you should go with a shared host. I can't really recommend any one in particular; Squarespace is often recommended if you intend to build and maintain the site yourself.

My advice to buy the domain separately still stands. Buy that with someone like Namecheap, then follow your host (Squarespace or whoever)'s instructions to point it to them.
>>
File: Cup_BEQVIAAJ0eI.jpg (120KB, 1024x801px) Image search: [Google]
Cup_BEQVIAAJ0eI.jpg
120KB, 1024x801px
>>1582919
Ah, I see.
Thank you kind anon.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.