[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drunk NEET here. Please help. All I want is purpose, to devote

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: 1426897183839.png (516KB, 680x418px) Image search: [Google]
1426897183839.png
516KB, 680x418px
Drunk NEET here. Please help.

All I want is purpose, to devote my life to work. But I have no idea which way to look. I don't care about dating or any of that shit so I'll have a lot of time. How do I organize this shit? I assume it's just a matter of scheduling and hobbies?
>>
>military
>free education
>bust ass
>>
>>1582140
if you don't care about dating or any of that shit you're either lying to yourself or you're genetic damaged goods. You already have been given 2 great purposes. To stay alive as long as you can, and to procreate. Maybe ending the denial on this front will help you figure your shit out.

>>1582145
is a great option
>>
>>1582140
>All I want is purpose

I don't get to have purpose, why should you? Just start doing something. And I mean anything. You are working on getting momentum.
>>
File: Free Yourself.gif (2MB, 504x279px) Image search: [Google]
Free Yourself.gif
2MB, 504x279px
>>1582152

"There is no justification for life, but also no reason not to live. Those who claim to find meaning in their lives are either dishonest or deluded. In either case, they fail to face up to the harsh reality of the human situations".
>>
File: Proverbs16a.jpg (74KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
Proverbs16a.jpg
74KB, 600x375px
>>1582140
don't put descartes before the hores
>>
>>1582140
> I don't care about dating

There's your problem.. you must crave the vagina in order to be a driven man.
>>
File: Comrade Doge.jpg (47KB, 960x955px) Image search: [Google]
Comrade Doge.jpg
47KB, 960x955px
>>1582205

Vagina can be a fantastic motivator or a horrible distraction.

Do you want those 6/7's now or a college degree, good job, nice house, nice car and 9/10's later?

Your call, comrade.
>>
File: 1473346614281.gif (2MB, 230x175px) Image search: [Google]
1473346614281.gif
2MB, 230x175px
>>1582205
>>
>>1582140
What does interest you? If you have no idea which way to look, find out which way NOT to look first. Just exclude the stuff you absolutely don't want to spend time with, no matter if it's learning it in college or working/researching with it later.
If you think something is cool, look into it and do it. If you think something is even cooler, do that.
Do you like electronic devices? Why not look into how they are build? Maybe build a small thing yourself?
You like software? Why not write a easy code in C yourself?
You enjoyed the Wolf of Wallstreet? Why not play around on a stock market simulator a bit?

"Purpose" is a meme and thats why your reason to do something can be as dumb as a Leonardo DiCaprio movie. The only people who say they have a purpose in life are so focused on what they do that they think it's their purpose, what god chose for them. This will come over time because your brain wants you to think you did the right thing.

And don't be afraid to make mistakes anon.

>>1582152
>Just start doing something. And I mean anything. You are working on getting momentum.
Good advice.
>>
>>1582140
Get off 4chan and reddit. Be aware of how you use your dopamine. Read onconsumerism.com. Good luck with having been conditioned to crave cheap, easy pleasures since you're an infant.
>>
File: 1477223984556.jpg (269KB, 629x667px) Image search: [Google]
1477223984556.jpg
269KB, 629x667px
>>
>>1582307
thanks for the link, anon
>>
>>1582140
>All I want is purpose, to devote my life to work. But I have no idea which way to look
Learning and discovering things is a purpose in itself.

You can look at it in 1 of 2 ways. Either you can try things in the hopes you get lucky only to be disappointed or you can view building your own knowledge and skills as an accomplishment, whether they pay off or not.

The most difficult thing is deciding whether to press on with an unprofitable project in the hopes you can overcome a problem or trying something else that apparently has better prospects. With the former you risk wasting more time on a pipe dream. With the latter you might be quitting too early without putting any real effort into it, though you can always go back to an old project later. You have to use your reason to determine the best course. If you have an ounce of brains and don't do anything silly like get sucked into a multi-marketing scheme I can almost guarantee you will succeed eventually.
>>
>live near a small town in the bush
>population is much larger than present infrastructure, and its Aus so jobs only go to people with connections to store owners offspring
>parents make too much for me to quality for welfare in order to move away and work or study in the city, but don't want to support my attempt to do so
What the fuck do I do? getting a job here isn't possible, especially not without already having a car, and I can't leave.
>>
>>1582430
I guess be homeless and hold a sign saying "looking for job" or get someone to give you a ride to a different city. If you have time and nothing else to do, why not give it a try.
>>
>>1582430
>I can't leave.
bullshit
>>
>>1582307
>onconsumerism.com
I have to agree that onconsumerism.com has valuable info that we all souls apply to daily life.
Thank you for the link!
>>
>>1582140
>>1582140
get a job, then get another one.
Personally, I have had moderately good results going to college, getting a job there, and occasionally quitting my job to look for a better one, but that route has resulted in a pretty sporadic work history.
>>
>>1583697
What if you don't care about the women part but are still hopelessly stuck in the "Tying your identity to your material value" thing, as in a narcissist that's poor af and thus has no self-esteem?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.