[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you investing in him, /biz/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: meme.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
Why aren't you investing in him, /biz/?
>>
My corpse will have decomposed by the time I see positive returns.
>>
SpaceX is not a publicly traded company.

Invest in OA (Orbital ATK Inc) if you want to get in on the space race. It just dipped 10 bucks due to a military contract deal, but is one of two companies supplying the International Space Station.

It's, quite literally, going to the moon and beyond.
>>
>>1581815

But that's false.

>>1581849

Tesla and Solar City are though. So why aren't you investing?
>>
>>1581813
he doesn't pay dividends and his stock is too highly valued already for me to cash in and out on speculation.
>>
>>1581858
dividends are for faggots and it's all about the hype with elon buy tsla under 200 and ur gucci
>>
>>1581876
tesla is exactly 200 usd right now.

I....I don't know what to do senpai.
>>
>>1581880
there is heavy support. this is defo going up to atleast 210 buy calls baby
>>
Tesla ER this Wednesday. Even if you don't think the record breaking 24,000 cars delivered this Q3 means much, the day leading up to the ER will almost certainly be positive.
>>
>>1581887
forgout about the ER. Won't a lot of people just assume they'll miss again though? I do think though that if they miss it won't tank but if they beat it will go to the fucking moon (first time i think they have positive earnings)
>>
>>1581855

Solarcity is down 60% for the year and seems like it's trying to merge with Tesla, according to reports.

Tesla also looks like it's weak. It's currently 200 with a target price of 190 and looks bearish.

These two companies merging into one makes me want to get out of the pool, but who knows? Maybe they'll pull a rabbit out of a hat.
>>
>>1581891

I think if they miss again, it'll drop below 180

Right now, if the merger goes through, scty will turn into tsla shares, which, at the level it is now, would be like buying tsla at 181.81 dollars. Basically, if you buy scty now and the merger goes through next month, that's a pretty huge gain.

I'd do it, but we're not 100% sure it'll go through yet.
>>
>>1581895
Well its more than just reports. It's being voted on.
>>
>>1581876
>>1581886
>>1581891

>dividends are for faggots
>ur gucci
>forgout about the ER

>Quality investment advice from /biz/
>>
>>1581813
I don't invest in hype unless I'm ahead of the wave.
>>
I consider Space X a worthy risk, there is a low chance he will stumble across some new technology that will revolutionize aerospace, however it is worth putting some money into and it is kind of fitting some scifi fan billionaire is doing so. I wouldn't put my money into it though.

It was very interesting how tesla did not turn out to be a speculative bubble in 2013, I learned that the types of investors putting money into Tesla were Elon Musk's fanboys with a buy and hold mentality. It really made me think.

It is a good company, but it is overvalued so I wouldn't consider it a long term investment, also I still don't completely understand the nature of the investors overvaluing it so it is doesn't interest me.

I have been hearing about solar city for a while from shills. Elon Musk is a good egg so I have no doubt it is legitimate. Similar to Space X it is a worthy risk, but my goal is primarily to make money, not advance technology, so I wouldn't put money into it.
>>
>>1582229

Guess I'm a fanboy. I think a company valued at 30B right now and having about 20B in preordered set to deliver in the next 10-14 months will do something nice to the stock price.

The SP will pop and shoot up eventually, I just don't know when, but I'm pretty sure it'll be before we hit 2018.
>>
>>1582234
well ford has a market cap of $46.56b and sells ~6 million vehicles worldwide while tesla's market cap is $30b and expects to sell 50000 in the 2nd half of 2016, or 100000 a year at this rate. It is a growth stock but anticipated growth would have to be pretty high to justify this and if growth ends up that high other companies would leap at the technology responsible as well and tesla would only end up with a fraction of the market share, especially considering Elon's willingness to share patents.

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/tsla/financials

http://secfilings.nasdaq.com/filingFrameset.asp?FilingID=11529168&RcvdDate=8/5/2016&CoName=TESLA%20MOTORS%20INC&FormType=10-Q&View=html

SG&A has exploded and now matches gross when it did not before and I can't tell how much of it counts as a reinvestment and how much an expense, very roughly I'd say over half is an expense based on results for 2013 and 2014.

that said revenue is also exploding, consistently over 20% growth, gross and revenue in the 2nd quarter were both 20% higher than in the 2nd quarter 2015

this isn't proper in-depth research of course, just saying
>>
>>1581931
Sometimes, a business is better off using the dividend money on improving their operations/stock price.
Sometimes.
If you bought Tesla 3 years ago when they were 30$, would you be complaining about no dividends now?
>>
>>1581813
>SpaceX
meme tier
>Tesla
Meme tier and too expensive for the common man (invest in BYD)

>SolarCity
Literally what?
>>
>>1581815

sounds like you didn't get in on solar city
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.