[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Passive living off dividents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: Cc9fQqIWwAAG994.jpg (112KB, 600x825px) Image search: [Google]
Cc9fQqIWwAAG994.jpg
112KB, 600x825px
Dear Anon,

I am more and more inclined to figure out a way to live off dividends on investments. What would be a good way to establish such a setup?

I am looking at mutual funds mainly. They seem to be offering the highest yield and ROI that I can see.

So for instance, on average yearly dividend of 10% (is that not realistic?) on 1,000,000 investment with half reinvested into the fund and half taken out as living expenses would result in continuous growth adjusted for inflation and modest but comfortable 50k a year to live off of.

Is this a solid setup?
What funds do you recommend?
Do you recommend other types of investments?
>>
File: CaPNOOWWwAAj9HT.jpg (60KB, 500x623px) Image search: [Google]
CaPNOOWWwAAj9HT.jpg
60KB, 500x623px
I KNO U KNO
>>
>>1581604
>I am more and more inclined to figure out a way to live off dividends on investments.
Why?

How much do currently have to invest?
>>
>what is inflation
>what are taxes on capital gains

And 10% is unrealistic as fuck.
>>
>>1581604
10% is not sustainable long term.
Try 1% to 4%, some 5%..

Read up on dividend aristocrats. I'm sure it'll interest you.
>>
File: 1452656002206.jpg (50KB, 600x371px) Image search: [Google]
1452656002206.jpg
50KB, 600x371px
>>1581641
Don't feel like wasting my life by spending my time doing shit i don't really care about and making board of directors richer (who are all jerking off on permanent vacation).

Working in rapidly growing and highly paying sector. Rapidly increasing, currently at 400k and growing. Thinking of going freelance soon.

>>1581643
>what is inflation
>what are taxes on capital gains
What would that be roughly? How much do I need? 2,000,000?
>>
File: fid.jpg (324KB, 741x835px) Image search: [Google]
fid.jpg
324KB, 741x835px
>>1581647
Why do you say that? What risks do you see in say funds in the image <--- ?
>>
>>1581647
Thank you btw, reading up on it. Never heard of it.
>>
>>1581655
You'll want a steady dividend income. To be sure of that, you'll need a well established company pays a steadily increasing dividend and has a low payout ratio (dividend payout / earnings per share). That way, even if the earnings are reduced over a period of time, they can still pay dividends (or make other investments). The d. aristocrats are usually companies with some sort of market edge.

Companies that pay 10%+ in dividends, are companies with a very high payout ratio, and are always at risk of not making any money the next year (e.g. shipping companies).
>>
>>1581655
Don't know any of them, and don't care. I don't buy actively managed funds.
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/survivorshipbias.asp

Oh, and if you're one of those people who can't manage money for a three month period and need a monthly dividend, check out american REITs.
>>
>>1581651
You are looking for this site anon: http://www.suredividend.com/

May I ask what you are doing that pays 400K?
>>
>>1581730
I make software that runs cars. Chinese money is insane.
>>
buy ICN it pays weekly dividends in crypto, the ico is over and it's gonna do 10-20x when it opens for trading.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1587736.9800

good luck
>>
>>1581759
>ausfag
>no degree, skills or connections (to china)
>but has 200k to invest

would china be a good place to put my money,
or would the corrupt commies nab my capital?

if so, where do I invest?
>>
File: 1352881068874.jpg (67KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1352881068874.jpg
67KB, 500x501px
>>1581655
nice expense ratios
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.