[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Limo biz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

Starting a limo /biz.

Looking for random ideas, advise, and any other input.

"OP IS A FAGGOT, fuckoff tumblr, i multiply with sheep... etc. 0 fucks given here.

And here is why.

I'm buying a (pic related) 1974 Oldsmobile limo with a 455 big block and making it pretty much a daily driver.

I've been offered a "debt consolidation" meme loan. However, most of my debt was aquired while i was a young fucking idiot with shit credit. After several years of hard work i have about a 700 credit score and very little debt.

I have a shit ton of project cars and i am cashing out to build my limo.

I know i will lose money here but dont fucking care.

If i can afford insurance i will get my schofer's endorsement and ho myself out. It will also be helpful because i live a block from the only bar in town and i can give people a ride home. Also helps to keep people from trying to force me to drink with them.

The way i see it, it's a win all of the way around.

I will be having a vynil wrap done with a mix of pictures and memes. So if u wanna dump random pics here for me to put on it, OP will deliver.

I'm putting a RIP harambe meme on the hood and the tag will either say (DIX OUT) or (SLASH B)
So, any input here?

Any and all bullshit ideas are welcome. I may try and make this a /biz for a tax writoff or random cash, but its main purpose is to have a fun time and troll people.
>>
File: 1394496689388.gif (2MB, 230x175px) Image search: [Google]
1394496689388.gif
2MB, 230x175px
>>1579728
>schofer
lmfao
>>
Who the fuck would want to get a ride in a limo that looks like a stretched version of granpas old beater
>>
I'd rent a limo that's specifically made to ride around and fuck a bitch in.

Call it Buber.
>>
>>1579728
That looks like shit model son.
>>
Don't do it. There is absolutely no money in it. There are so many other car-hire businesses (and the barriers to entry are so low) that it all eventually comes down to competing on price against all of the other operators, and all of the potential profits get competed away. Everyone just scrapes by, and nobody makes money.

Do not do it if you are even remotely interested in making a real profit.

Go into a business where you can maintain at least a 15% net margin; preferably 20%+. Don't bother busting your ass all year for 2%.
>>
File: t_118.gif (222KB, 255x235px) Image search: [Google]
t_118.gif
222KB, 255x235px
>>1580219
alright you got me
>>
>>1580715
It can be profitable if you have an affluent target market. For example, around here there's a few major wedding venues. Not at all uncommon to see 5-10 200k+ weddings during a 6 month period. They always want limo services on call for certain members of the wedding, but they mostly contract out to companies that can field 5-20 cars at once.
>>
I appreciate the idea, but I'd much rather just get an Uber Black over a private car. It's generally cheaper and easier.
>>
>>1580219
Would invest.
Not even joking.
Just make it very clear to ALL clients that you DGAF what happens in the back.
I know for a fact a billionaire who tokes a spliff in the back of his. And he's not even black, or a rapper, etc.
>>
>>1579728

>I know i will lose money here but dont fucking care.

This is your main advantage, fuck the haters.
Have fun with it.

I would experiment strongly though with the whole business model. The Limo business is notoriously hard to make profitable, but I think their business model is broken. It still works hiring to weddings, occasions, etc but every hour that limo sits idle is wasting capital. Most limos you have to book for the day or half-day, or a couple hours, and often need 24/48 hours notice, etc I can't, say, book a limo in most places just for shits and gigs like a cab, or get 5 or less to pool money for just a bit more than a cab.

I would pimp this limo out 24/7 like it was a cheap crack whore. Did you hear about that bus in SF? It was like a private, premium bus that took students and creative types into town along a planned route, and it was like 2/3 times the cost of a regular bus, but had free wi-fi and coffee on board.
I think something like that could be the 'bread & butter' income, to maintain cashflow, with other bookings the 'gravy' money.
Like, if you did a twice-daily run to a local university and promoted that. Or to a local airport and back 3 times a day. But it needs 5/6 people to book it on your app, or they pay on board. The pricing would be more than a regular cab, but not extortionate. Worse case scenario you pull up outside a club and round up a group of clubbers.

I would rip out the TV and put in a tablet you can remove and use too.
Also, get one of those card machines you can hook to a smartphone - Square or whatever.
Also, promote everywhere - offer deals for music video and movie shoots, reach out to promoters and businessmen who wanna raise their profile, offer preferential rates. Also groom showoffs on social media - instawhores etc who will create envy and share lots of pics.

Too many limo businesses cater to 'everybody', which translates as 'nobody' these days.
>>
>>1581123
>I would rip out the TV and put in a tablet you can remove and use too.

That's 100% getting stolen. Unless he uses credit cards, it's a terrible idea.
>>
File: gay wedding.jpg (144KB, 642x385px) Image search: [Google]
gay wedding.jpg
144KB, 642x385px
>>1579728

The thing about the limo biz is proms and partys are a very small slice of it, the black car service (vips to air port or meetings in suv or town car) are the bulk of the bussines and its not easy to get a limo license. But that doesnt matter because now you can just get a shiny black escalade sign up with uber black and jump in, most limo services are folding and just signing up to uber black
>>
>>1581357
Insurance?
Flexible cord attached?
Proximity alarm?
Tracker chip/app?
Deposit refunded later?
It's not that hard, desu.

Besides, tablets have never been cheaper.
I saw a Microsoft tablet for £35 at Staples,
Down from £50.
That's peanuts, you would cover that loss in one trip.
>>
>>1581102
>a billionaire
>he's not even black

Comedy.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.