[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Business Name

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0773.png (783KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0773.png
783KB, 640x960px
I have a good name for my business, but it will be online-based and when you search for my name online it comes up with the villain of an 80s crime movie. Should I find another name, or can I still use it?
>>
>>1579057
How popular is the movie? Is it just showing up cause your name is niche or is it a good film that influenced your name. If it is a good film find a way to spell it where it soundsays exactly the same and give the same word feel when your eyes read it ex instead of cunt which is the movie chunt or khunt (best way to describe a word feel is like when you read a word and it looks like it is spelled wrong even though it is spelled right those are the words you should avoid) if the film is lame don't use it. if it is a cult film that hipsters like and your product appeals to the millennial demographic I'd say just use the same name
>>
>>1579057
Check that the villain or the name is not trademarked
>>
>>1579081
>>1579067
villain's name isn't trademarked, but the movie is a pretty popular movie
>>
>>1579057
Is your name Tony?
Do you live in Montana?
>>
Name your company after an STD.
Whenever someone is infected it's free advertising.
>>
>>1579127
>viral advertising gone wrong
>>
>>1579113
haha the movie is scarface yeah
>>
>>1579231
It's Rebenga everybody.
>>
>>1579234
fuuuuuuuuuuuuck you got it

nope, goober, dat aint it
>>
>>1579255
It's Rebenga. Only one that makes any cents. Unless you just have a dumbass business name.
>>
>>1579257
it's not rebenga, the villain is later in the movie. can't use the name anyway, as the url is already taken and their's no way i could get it.
>>
File: 1469419019344.jpg (45KB, 436x365px) Image search: [Google]
1469419019344.jpg
45KB, 436x365px
>>1579329
Well, since you can't use it, tell us what the name is, mang.
>>
>>1579346
>mang
das it mang
das your fucking name
>>
Never seen Scarface but from what I can find it seems most of the characters have Latino names.
It's never a good idea to use given names real or face when looking for a unique business name. Exceptions are when the name really is rare.
The fact it is a movie character would put you at risk of legal action depending on what your online business sells and if the entities that own Scarface feel like fucking with you.
It happens.
But since you've said the domain is taken it that forces you to go back and brainstorm a better name.
Having one name your stuck on because you think it "good" or witty or cute or cool sounding is a sure fire way of giving your business a bad name. You really should have a few names as back up because shit like this happens all the time. Name is associated with an existing movie/video game/means something embarrassing in another language/slang that you might not want your business to be associated with. Then there is trademark and copyright which becomes an issue like I stated before.
My advice is set aside an hour, sit down, brainstorm at least 20 name, then Google them to make sure nothing pops up. Then run them by a few people. Don't be afraid someone will still your name/idea, you shouldn't be in business if you don't have more than one idea or are incapable of creating a new idea.
>>
File: 20161021.jpg (55KB, 410x356px) Image search: [Google]
20161021.jpg
55KB, 410x356px
>>1579419
>Latino names

What ever happened to calling Spanish names "Spanish"? It's not like we're talking about the movie "Gladiator" here.
>>
File: 1475513835998.jpg (12KB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
1475513835998.jpg
12KB, 480x358px
>>1579485
Because Spain has Spanish people and Latin America has Latinos or whatever little local name they have for themselves. Despite what anyone from Central or South America and the Caribbean says they're a mix of multiple races and culture so they aren't "Spanish". Which is why depending on who you're talking to they don't like being called "Spanish" and Spaniards don't like them being called "Spanish" because they have their own national pride over there.
No one like to be called "Hispanic" because that a whole other history lesson of bullshit I do not wish to go into here.
>>
File: nicantlaca.jpg (32KB, 396x364px) Image search: [Google]
nicantlaca.jpg
32KB, 396x364px
>>1580418
It's ok to call Spanish names Spanish, though. We're not talking about a race. We're talking about names and what language they come from. I assumed when you said "Latino" you meant "Latinoamericano" but that still wouldn't make sense. Any name can be a Latinoamericano name. The word "Latino" means "Latin" in Latin. It has been in use for thousands of years. Latino is not a race, unless we're talking about central Italians. It seems like you're so worried about being politically correct, that you've forgotten what we're even talking about.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.