[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Phone cryptomining

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1476964825412.jpg (445KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
1476964825412.jpg
445KB, 1024x682px
How would I go about crypto mining on my galaxy s4. What would be good to start and how would I do such.
>>
are u trying to turn your s4 into a note 7?
>>
>>1579048
>How would I go about crypto mining on my galaxy s4.
the fuck is wrong with you nigger? a 10 year old pc from junkyard would outperform any phone.
>>
>>1579839
>a 10 year old pc from junkyard would outperform any phone
And that is how? You don't realize how powerful the phones are nowadays.
>>
>>1579048
Well, >>1579839 is not wrong. I've got a miner on my phone, hashrate is maybe 14-20 h/s tops. Lg G4 phone. Can't even get a confirmation on XMR. I get some XDN every night, but thats about it.
>>
>>1580210
>hashrate is maybe 14-20 h/s tops
Why's that? Who /g/ here?
>>
>>1580212
It might be because it's a third party miner.
>>
>>1580220
Software issue rather than hardware? Doubt it, the mining algorithm should be the same in every version of the miner. I'd guess it's something about the architecture of the processor that makes it an inefficient miner.
>>
>>1580195
>You don't realize how powerful the phones are nowadays.
they use a reduced instruction set as opposed to pcs that for a long time got theirs extended more and more for vector and crypto and multimedia purposes. do not confuse the clock speeds as they are completely incomparable performance wise and then we never got to the video cards vs mobile chips...

phones are surprisingly powerful but still pocket toys to real hardware of old.
>>
>>1580251
What's the difference between multitasking apps and mining a coin? Why are phone processors good at one thing, but not the other?
>>
Could this be the birth of an epic new /biz/ meme?
>>
>>1580254
they are made for different purpose
mining requires usually the churning out of large hashrates. requires lots of computation power if you do not have purpose built hardware for it.

but even pc processors suck ass at hash churning compared to gpus and even gpus suck ass compared to asics. mining with a mobile is like mining with a kids plastic shovel next to the heavy machinery or mining ccorps.

meanwhile mobile processors are designed for low power consumption and small size and low heat output above all.
>>
If you could backdoor the entire current generation of iPhones and have every single one mining for you, it would still be a waste of time
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.