[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Position Trading General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: JD SPORTS.png (38KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
JD SPORTS.png
38KB, 1000x800px
Where are my position traders at?

What are you holding?
What's your buying/selling criteria?
How do you keep yourself patient?
>>
Are you talking about swing trading?
>>
>>1579129
No, position trading. Where you plan to hold for months - maybe years, waiting for the big move to finish.

I call it trading - as opposed to investing - because you choose an optimal point to buy.
>>
>>1579130
I can't figure out when to add to the position. I feel like when I add to a winning position, i'm just giving away my profits if it goes down.

I much prefer doubling down on losing positions, Not sure why, it just 'feels' safer.

also, the money you make position trading is so tiny compared to daytrading, (unless ofcourse you add succesfuly).
>>
File: stchart2.png (118KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
stchart2.png
118KB, 1000x800px
i use Bollinger Bands

see how the red candle stick dips below the bband line then the white candle stick pops up - thats were you enter.

but you also gotta look for the cross over on the mac d histagram and on the wilder's rsi

but as you can see in the chart this doesn't work all the time the candle sticks stay in the bband lines or it dips below and keep falling .
>>
>>1579906
You bring up a few good points.

First, regardless of the type of trading one does, it is always about doing what's right rather than what feels good, for what feels good is what everyone else does, hence why it doesn't work.

Secondly, the way I view trading is as a tool that allows me to put my money to work - not me working to make my money, that would be a definition of a day job. That's why I opted for longer term position trading: it allows me to sit at the PC once a day/week, run my screens, prepare my alarms and go about my life.

It may be true that you can compound faster day trading - but that comes at the expense of your time. On the other hand, when position trading, you are looking for profit margins of a few hundred percent - which is something no day trader could never hope for.
>>
>>1580018
Interesting. It's a type of regression to the mean strategy then?

On the first signal you can see that the MACD only confirmed after the signal flashed. What do you do then?

What's your take profit and stop loss strategy?
>>
>>1580018
It doesn't work all the time is because it's random you fucking retard!
Dice don't have memory.
>>
>>1580095
Implying price action doesn't quite literally tell you the whole story.

>dice
>what are price-derived indicators
>>
File: 1476892578368.png (56KB, 653x726px) Image search: [Google]
1476892578368.png
56KB, 653x726px
>>1578260
Anyone else holding AMD with me?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.