[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Startup biz in Finland

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1

Here is the deal /biz/
Fact 1:
I have the bank backing any project I pick, don't ask how or why. Just know that money can flow for a startup without any problem.

Fact 2:
I live in a small town (3000 population) in Finland. There is a gas station, a fishing lodge, two major super markets, three Barbars, a gym, library, book store, bunch of clothing depaetments, a pharmacy and pretty much most basic services.

I want to become self employed and setup a company here that can make some comfortable profit. I am not looking to devour the world, just something to support the wife and kids as well as some cash out away.

I am somewhat knowledgeable in computer hardware and some minimal programming languages.

Question is , considering that the demand around me is pretty non existent, what the fuck do I do? What kind of service or company should I open?

I literally could think of anything that can work for me and the community. They pretty much have it all figured out.

Most people here I talked to never complained about a product or service that isn't already available to them. It's a self sustaining eco system and I feel like I wouldn't offer anything drastically demanded.

Any ideas for a noon entrepreneur?
>>
Start up a refugee reception centre.
>>
open your very own church
>>
>>1576202
Already one where I live

>>1576208
Many churches here
>>
>>1576118
>>1576348

Lazer tag
>>
>>1576348
ok, is there any tourism near you, and what is your level of education?
>>
>>1576349
I love that you contributed but
Laser tag arena is 30kms away

Majority of teens go there by bus or cars
Community is upper middle class farmers (horses and cows)

>>1576350
A lake.
That's as touristy as it gets
The lake itself is pretty me and there are way more beautiful lakes nearby for fishing and fun.

I have a bsc. in computer science

I was thinking about an indoors pool/spa

But 3000people is a very brewery small number
>>
>>1576362
Fucking autocorrect

Very very small number*

Anons what would you do in my position?

(Also there are already 2 computer/electronic stores that have been around for years)

I can't stress enough how self sustained this place is
Literally an entrepreneur's nightmare since every single service has been taken
>>
What about a small beer brewery?
>>
>>1576380
Already the two major super markets sell every kind of beer imaginable

The liquor store is a few kilometres away

And there is a bar in town

You had the right idea, just bad place
:(

Now you guys feel what I feel lol
Unless I open some new kind of service that is unbelievably smart I'm not gonna get anywhere.

Btw the town has a mechanic and a service station as well
>>
>>1576348
Security hardware company, when the refugees are integrated, the crime rates will go up.
Also could become a drug dealer, since the demand will rise.
>>
>>1576118
yeah, move to the city
>>
>>1576414
The hardware store already installs a myriad of cameras and alarms

It's ridiculously self sustained

The local drug hub is 70km away but they provide for customers here

>>1576418
Has to be here
>>
>>1576390
open up a bar anyway. There's no way 1 bar sustains 3000 people. Make it a pub so it differs slightly, don't let younger than 21 in to build a better reputation
>>
>>1576448
Could work but the local bar barely has any customers

Most folk here buy their beer from the market

Only labor folk ever sit in that bar and they are few

It's a Christian town

But this is by far the best idea
>>
>>1576457
If you make a brewery, you may want to focus on selling to other towns/cities in Finland by making a name for your small town. Brand your beer.

If your lake is beautiful, and not that I would know anything about this, its just an idea, maybe set up a small-town vacation getaway resort. Advertise in the big cities, have a fair rate. Could be villas for rent with pools, could be communal waterfront, would be great for local employment.

Young people will love you, old people will hate you, the local government will love your taxes but still hate you. It's local government.
>>
>>1576525
No go on brewery.
Christian town
Alcohol is very badly looked upon
Lake is as interesting as a tree in a forest
This country has thousands of lakes and this one is pretty mundane.

I still appreciate you and your post though
>>
How about gambling?
>>
>>1576118
I live in a town similar to yours in the US.

I clean offices.

I do a few hundred thousand dollars a year and employ 6-10 people depending how busy it is.

I'm retired, and my business is worth over a million dollars. I haven't worked a 40 hour week in 13 years now.

just an idea. Not so great if other people already do this.
>>
>>1576595
jesus how much do cleaning companies charge around there?
>>
>>1576596
average is $125/hour US for an insured contractor.

the reason we can do that is nobody knows how much we charge. If everyone knew, everyone would want to do it.

how much do they charge where you live? You might be surprised....
>>
>>1576602
around 30-40e/hour for office space, it's public information here
>>
>>1576604
yeah, a lot of what I do is public information as well.

but the information only tells how much I charge per job, not how many hours I take to do it.

so I charge $100 to do a job you think takes 3 hours, but I do it in one hour. Suddenly I'm making three times what you think I am.
>>
Gambling promises the poor what property performs for the rich--something for nothing.
George Bernard Shaw

If the bank is just gunna give you money, buy an investment property.
>>
>>1576118
What about creating a brand for local products? For instance the finland equivalent to beef jerky. Make that shit locally produced, take your car, your phone and your balls and try to market it to richer people in urban areas. Make sure to have your packaging on point and a "brand story" that put emphasis on the region where it is produced and that it is locally made by wise old farmers that pass their production secrets from generation to generation... Well you know what kind of story i am talking about. When you'll have people willing to distribute your product you'll have to be serious about logistics, food laws, etc.
>>
>>1576589
Gambling machines exist in the large supermarkets

>>1576595
This exists here

>>1576634
Elaborate

Seriously it's driving me crazy

I thought about contacting one of the major telecommunications providers and opening a branch for them here...

Or maybe a branch of some global fast food chain
>>
>>1576660
I can make a pretty mean sales pitch

But this town literally doesn't offer anything other than wood

And frankly the wood that goes out of here is already taken by big sharks in the area
>>
>>1576662
>>1576666
bring chick-a-fil to finland, they love christianity and are the best fastfood chain in the US

also checked
>>
>>1576666
Well you spend the whole thred saying that ther is nothing to do in this town bc every market segment is taken. Now you say that this town has nothing to offer? There was a thread with an anon that explained that he was taking industrial soja waste to make "sustainable" hipster food. I am pretty sure that you will find an opportunity laying somewhere if you study enough what is around you.
>>
>>1576678
>I am pretty sure that you will find an opportunity laying somewhere if you study enough what is around you.
not likely.

notice that OP and everyone else itt is talking about selling retail to the public from a brick and mortar store.

Granted that's all most people know because it's all they see, but it's literally the worst type of business idea around. Lowest profit margins, highest costs, highest risks, highest competition, and highest bar to entry.

you guys couldn't have worse ideas if you tried.
>>
>>1576672
Gonna do a lot of research on this. Thank you

>>1576678
I studied a lot of business opportunities around me and i found that most if not all were Already taken.
I appreciate the pep talk but it would take something seriously "tricky" to work. And that's what I'm looking for. A detail I missed or something I hadn't thought about.
>>
Billiards and snooker hall
Squash facilites
Tennis court
Gokart racing
>>
>>1576779
>most if not all were Already taken.
second mistake.

have you considered either buying an existing business from someone or opening one in competition with an existing biz?

If you just think, "we already have a pizza place, I can't do that" then you're never going to go into business.
>>
>>1576827
Noted and noted
You sir are a gentleman and a scholar

>>1576840
Small town
Everyone knows everyone
Competition is futile considering most things here are family fun businessess with years of rep.
And I'm an outsider
I get what you mean, but this place needs a brand new service period.
As for buying existing business that could work so I thank you for that.
I'll research that too.
>>
>>1576843
>I'll research that too
I've found most people don't advertise a business for sale, they don't know what it's worth.

I find businesses for sale by talking to owners. A lot of times they're ready to retire or move and don't have any kids that want the thing.

that's how I got started, and I've bought a few more businesses since then.
>>
>>1576849
Might approach the local owners
The bar might be up for sale
Hmmmm.....
>>
>>1576827
oh nice, like a country club. why didn't i think of that
>>
>>1576672
Wait, does Finland and other countries not have chicfila? Holy fuck, OP. This is a goddamn goldmine if they'll let you franchise it there. You'd make retarded money.
>>
>>1576118
Think of it this way:

What does a major city has and your city doesn't?

Go from there. For example, you can setup a computer repairs, sales and IT office if there is none, as that fits your expertise.
>>
>>1576118

Make a café bar, with comfy setting. where you can work from your own pc & make other projects (if you are successful in IT) - then you can be at work when at work. Hire some pretty, cute, nice girls to make yourself coffee & people will just come like nothing :)
>>
Why not do something online
>>
>>1577193
This

>>1577213
These this might just potatoe hard
I love the idea

>>1577267
They have computer repairs and it office
But I understand you fully

>>1577314
Yeheess

I love you guys there are so many good plans now it's time to research and find out which one is the most fitting

>>1577314
The bank loan is related to urban development

I am probably going to combine all the above with one big country club complete with café and saunas and spa for the ladies etc

Maybe advertise to cities nearby as not depend on the 3000 population alone
>>
>>1577544
Yeah every chicfila I know makes hand over first full of money. It's because the food is good but the service is even better. Not like a normal fast food joint. If fins like chicken then you'll kill it.
>>
Open a security business. Start with assisting the refugee center and/or contact businesses that reside in the near vicinity of the refugee center.

Do this for a while and when it's time to expand, expand.

Make sure you get in whatever local newspaper that people read. Act like you know how to get shit done. Read up on cheap (but adequate looking) security staff.

Like my new employer told me tuesday: The sky is the limit.

I'm now in fase in my life where I think fuck it, you just need to have the balls to do shit and keep your mind focused on your goal. 23 year old college dropout.
>>
OP will never do shit because he's obsessed with this notion that you have to do something unique and special snowflake to make money.

Start a fucking taxi company or something.

Sell dildos

Clean peoples ovens

Teach people kung fu

Sell fishing gear online

Recycle cooking oil

Fucking do anything twatface you have no risk you just said you can get free money
>>
>>1577561
Contacted them
They said they don't want any international expansion at the moment.

>>1577661
Securitas company in Finland is everywhere
Including my small town

>>1577922
I am going with the spa/country club idea for the moment
Researching
>>
>>1578876
>brick and mortar business

You fucking idiot you will fail hard
>>
>>1579010
Please explain
>>
>>1579107
Expensive. Long term solution. When you fail you will feel the effects for a very long time and the bank will never give you a loan again. Etc...

Star with something simple. Do you have any hobbies?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.